Chapter 1

^One of my favourite songs. I thought it fitted the story because of the title.

"Come on, come on!" I ushered while tugging on my best friend's arm.

The indigo haired boy groaned and quickened his pace a bit to keep up with me.

"We have to get to your house right now!" I declared as I shoved him towards the front door of my family home. "Your letter should have arrived by now."

"(N/n), stop pushing me," my best and only friend Hitoshi Shinso said in an annoyed tone. "I am perfectly capable of walking myself."

"Fine," I huffed. "Just hurry up!"

"I will," he said with a small smile. He grabbed the end of my left horn and tugged on it, making my entire head shake.

"S-stop that!" I complained and I swatted his hand away.

I glared up at my best friend with a small pout. "You know I hate it when you do that."

"That's why I do it."

I would have wiped that smug grin off his face if I could, but I restrained myself.

Hitoshi Shinso and I met on the first day of middle school and he didn't want anything to do with me. Out of sheer boredom, I made him trip with my tail. Unfortunately for him, he fell into a pond. I felt really guilty and insisted on walking him home so he could change into dry clothes. We started talking on the way to his house, and we sort of clicked. We'd been friends ever since.

"You should stay here", Shinso said as he bent down to put on his shoes.

"What? Why?", I replied.

He stood up straight again and looked at me. "You should open your letter and see if you got in. I'll go home to open mine, and then I'll call you."

"O-Okay", I mumbled. "But you have to promise you'll call me right after you open it, okay?"

"Okay", Shinso agreed with a small nod. "I'll call you later, (n/n)."

I stood on my toes to ruffle his already messy hair. He swatted my hand away and frowned at me over his shoulder.

"Bye~, Toshi!", I said while I watched him walk out of the front door. I waited a few seconds before closing it. Then I turned around and took a deep breath.

Okay, now to open that letter.

Shinso only lived two streets away, so I knew he'd be home soon and call me. I hurried up the stairs and tried to ignore the sounds of my younger brothers fighting over something insignificant.

"You are so dumb!", Tashiro complained from the living room. "Anything that comes out of your mouth it stupid!"

"Tashiro!", Amari retorted.

I snickered and could clearly hear Tashiro gasp before he ran to find my mom. I silently shook my head and walked into my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and locked it, not wanting my siblings to burst in.

The letter was on my desk. An anxious feeling settled in the pit of my stomach as I approached it.

What if I didn't get in? I have to become a hero! UA is the best chance I've got!

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself and sat down by my desk. I picked up the letter and opened it. I expected a piece of paper with text, but I found a small disc instead. I looked at it from all sides, but I didn't see anything to activate it.

I carefully placed the disc on my desk and gasped when it projected an image in front of me.

No way. He works at UA?!