Chapter 7

▪Chelsea's POV▪

Its been weeks, Brian and I haven't seen each other and haven't spoken. I didn't see him in school since the last time I seen him. Things getting worst, he is not attending in class and I have been sent him 50 messages and I'd call him 30 times, well... actually it's a voice mail. But all that call and messages, he didn't even respond. I really, really miss him. I mean his my best friend my best buddy.

"Hey," Jake tap my back that make me snapped out of my thoughts and worries "Hey," I said in a weak voice "Are you alright?" I can see on him that he is worrying. "No." I said, I don't need to hide and act like I'm alright, because I'm not. Jake pull me on his side to comfort me "Don't worry to much..." Jake said, I was going to confront him but "I know that Brian thing... okay. I know, and I am worrying too because his my friend too." I put a small smile on him.

***

Days passed, I decided to go see Brian and I want to apologize if I had to apologize for, but I will do it. I'm on their front door and I was going to knock when the neighborhood snapped me out. "Oh, hi dear." a middle aged woman said to me "Uh...hi." I said and I put my hands on the pocket of my jeans.

Silence remains for a minute when the lady come near me. "What are you doing there?" the lady ask, "I'm just checking out my friend...who lives here." I said, my voice was trembling "Whose friend?" the lady ask and she looks confuse "My friend Brian. Brian Caños." when I said his name I feel sad again. "Oh, Brian. Didn't you know?" the lady said "What should I need to know?" I ask and also confused "The Caños family moved."

MOVED? Is that what he is hidding from ME? Why did he said so? Why do he need to hide it from me? Didn't he know that it hurts more when he left? It is alright with me if he doesn't want me to be his friend anymore. He should just said that 'hey, Chelsea I'm sorry but I don't want to be friends with you anymore.' But he left with this pain and confusion inside me. Doesn't that matter to him?

All that questions comes out of my mind and I cry and cry when someone hugs me "It's alright...Jake and I are still here." Liam said, "What if one of you o-or both of you leave me too." I was sobbing and Liam is comforting me "Hey, we won't leave you. Me I won't but him...I don't know?" Jake said and I chuckled. "Promise me yo-you two...wo-won't leave me... e-ever! Promise me!" I said, still sobbing.

They rise their right hands like they're doing an adjuration or an oath promising "We promise that both of us will never leave you." they said in unison. I smile at them, to make them feel that I'm okay now. "You guys are the best!" I said and hug them both "How about a nice sweet chocolate milk shake with ice cream on top!" Jake said cheerfully

***

After that sweet, heavenly, delicious chocolate milk shake, they brought me home. My mom is cooking, my dad and my brother are watching sports, well... as usual! Men's do. "Hi honey!" mom said cheerfully "Hi mom" I said, not looking at her. I go to my room, slum the door and lock it. I change a comfortable clothes and brush my teeth.

After brushing my teeth I look at the time, it's already 6 p.m. I plop down on my bed, when I was in a comfortable position, someone knocks my door "Who is it?" I said "Chelsea, why is your door locked?" Charlie said. I don't usually lock myself in my bedroom. I do it when I'm upset or embarrassed on my own. "Go away! I don't want to talk." I said, half yelling.

But its no use, Charlie open the door "How did you get in?" I ask, while I am covered by my sheets "Keys," He said, and I hear the keys clinging "Go away!" I said, he sit on the bed foot "Hey...what's the problem?" his voice is lower and serious. I whirl around and now I am facing him "Are you going to tell me?" he ask, I sit down cross legged "Its... its just..." I can't tell him that I'm mad at Brian and sad because he left me. Charlie cups my chin "Hey, what's wrong? Did someone hurt you?" he said and I nod. I look at Charlie, his getting angry, his fist is balling "Who had the guts to hurt my little sister." he said trying to control his anger.

"Its...Brian. He didn't hurt me physically, but he hurt me so bad, he broke my heart." I said, I manage not to cry "Broke your heart? Why would he do that? Don't tell me...his your BOYFRIEND?" he said, I gave him a glare and he is doing his evil grin. I punch his shoulder and quickly I bury my face on my pillow. This time I can't manage to cry, I am sobbing now. Quickly, Charlie apologized "Hey, hey...I'm sorry... don't cry... I didn't mean it." he said while clutching me to look at him.

"Chelsea, Charlie... get down, dinner is ready!" I hear mom said "Just a minute mom!" Charlie said "Okay, just hurry up." Charlie stand and pull me up "Come on, you need to eat... come on Chelsea, and we are not done yet." I groaned "Okay! Geez, I need to wash my face first..." I said, frowning at him. "Okay." he said and proceed downstairs.

"So... I have a good news! But before I tell you the good news, who wants to share something?" dad said, I look at Charlie who is looking at me too. I shook my head, why would I want to share with my dad and mom my personal problem.

But with my brother it's fine, he always understand me. But with dad, Noo! Uh..uh...never! I remember when I was in 5th grade, I told dad that some funky girls are teasing me. He go to school and told her that he is challenging her dad in something... whatever is it. And when he saw her dad with that big muscles, he back off. That was so embarrassing for me! And everyone is telling me my dad is a pussy. That's why I became a fighter. When someone is teasing me I give it back and they back off.

"No... nothing. Go ahead dad." I said and give a fake smile to my brother "Okay...I just got promote to be a Office manager!" dad said and my mom cheer up "Really? Oh that's great! Congratulations honey!" "Congratulations dad!" Charlie and I said. Mom and dad tossed their wines.

After that happy moments, I get in my room and plop down on my bed. Charlie enters my room and lock it. "Hey, we're not done yet" Charlie said, I deeply exhaled "I hate you!" I said, "You won't hate me.." he said and I sigh. He really knows me... he sit beside me and then I start to explain and tell him everything.

"So that's it" I managed not to cry. Silence passes for a minute.

Charlie hugs me "It's okay Chelsea, don't cry." Charlie said, "You know your the weirdest brother. But I am glad I have you" I hug him too. "Okay, get some sleep.Tomorrow, will be the best day ever!" he said "What's with it?" I ask, curiously "Nnoothing?" he said and grin with his eyebrows giggling "You are really weird" I said then laugh.

I lie down my head in my soft pillow "Good night Charlie" I said in my sleepy voice "Good night cupcake" he said and chuckle.

________________________________________________________

Here it is. Sorry for my grammar, I'm not good in English... sorry!

But if you like it please vote and comment.

^_^