Three: Morning

You woke up the following morning after having a good nights rest. You stretched after getting out of bed, then walked over to the balcony. You were watching the beautiful sunrise, thinking they aren't nearly as beautiful where you're from, as you heard soft knocking on your door.

"Come in." You called.

"Good morning, (y/n)." Elrond said as he walked into the room.

"Morning, Elrond." You greeted with a smile as you turned back to watch the sunrise.

"Enjoying the view?" He asked, walking over to the balcony and standing beside you, he had given you one of the best rooms, for no particular reason, though he had a good feeling about you and also sensed that you would be staying a while.

"Very much." You answered with a smile.

He smiled softly as he watched the sunrise with you.

After a little while, you finally broke the silence by blurting out "What are you?" You hated how blunt you were, but you just couldn't help but notice that he wasn't human, especially by the pointy ears.

He raised an eyebrow at the sudden outburst and chuckled a little. He then explained the different races of Middle-Earth and said how he was half-elven.

"You are of the race of man, correct?" He then asked.

You answered "Yes."

He nodded in understanding. "Would you like to join me for breakfast?" He then asked.

"I would love to." You answered.

He held his arm out as you looked at it questioningly then took it once you realized he wanted to escort you.

He then took you to a nice secluded dining area that you assumed was part of his personal area and pulled out a chair, motioning for you to sit. You then took your seat.

"I will be back shortly." Elrond spoke.

You nodded and watched him walk out of the room. You then looked around to take in the beautiful interior of the room. It was beautiful shades of maroon, red, and gold. 'He has a fine taste in decoration' you thought.

After what seemed like thirty minutes, you began to wonder where he was. 'Did he forget about me? Is he busy with lordly duties? Where is he?' You sighed and just continued gazing around the room, being able to do nothing but wait for him.