One: An Evening Stroll

It started like any other day. You got up for work, which was the dream job you always wanted, you got ready, and then you left. Everything was normal at work, it wasn't until after work did things change.

When you got home from work, you took a nice calming bath, then decided to go for an evening stroll. You got dressed, then exited your home. You waved at the neighbors and kept on walking, which was nothing new, that's how it went about everyday. You walked down the sidewalk and stopped to smell a few flowers every now and then.

As you were walking, you started to ponder different topics, like work, your life, love. You had always dreamed about finding love, but never had it. You had the perfect life, except you had no one to share it with. You were lonely, when you really thought about it. You thought about getting a pet, but knew that it wouldn't fill the empty hole in your chest, that only a lover would. Yes, you longed to love and be loved in return. You wanted someone to share your life with, but feared that you never would find that special someone and that you would spend your entire life alone, you felt lost. This made you sad.

You began to feel tears brim your eyes and roll down your cheeks, you sniffled and started to wipe them. Once your eyes were cleared you looked around and noticed your surroundings had changed. You dont know how long you were walking or what turns you took, but you knew you were lost. You turned around and frantically tried to find something that looked familiar, but failed. All you saw were strange looking trees and different plants, you were lost in a forest.

You felt tears brimming your eyes once again and you started to cry. After a little while, you came to the realization that crying won't solve your problems, and that unknown dangers could lurk in this mysterious new forest, so you had to find a way out.

You started to walk. You didn't know where you were going, all you knew was that you needed to find a way out if this forest, especially before nightfall, when more dangers could possibly arise. You walked for what seemed like hours before you came upon a clearing. You ran to the clearing and you found a large gate. You walked towards the gate, in hopes that someone would be able to help you get home, or at least give you a safe place to stay the night.