Chapter Two:Im going to be a parent

DAVID'S POV:

My secretary just came in and told me that I was going to be a father. I mean I haven't slept with any other woman sense then. To tell you the truth the only person I want to make love to just told me that I was the father of the baby growing inside of her. I ran after her "Mina" I called Se stopped and turned to look at me "We need blood work done as proof then we will get married and then when this baby is born we can have more because I need an heir to this company." I told her. She looked at me like I was crazy then said "I have no clue what you've been drinking this morning but you need to lay off it." she said calmly. I shook my head and grabbed her arm and started walking "Where are you taking me?" She asked startled and I detected a hint of fright in her voice "To the doctor. I told you we need to do blood test." I told her. I didn't think you were serious. I mean why would you marry me just so you can have a this baby. I know you don't love me like at all so why have more kids?" she asked me. I looked down at her five four figure with brown hair falling down her back and the most beautiful crystal clear blue eyes. She has high cheekbones and cute dimples when she smiles. "Because, even if I'm not in love it doesn't mean there isn't a connection between us." I told her quietly. She seemed shocked as I continued to pull her to my car. we got down to the car park in compleat silence and when we got to the car park she asked which one was my car. As I led her over to the car I asked "Where did you park yours?" she shook her head and said "I don't have one I walk to work from my apartment. It's around fifteen minutes away by foot." she said like it was normal to walk to work everyday and I have made her come in with it snowing. I started feeling guilty and apologized "Im sorry I should have offered a company car." she shook her head quickly "I like walking it helps me think." she told me with a faint smile that shows her dimples but just a little bit. I wish she would smile really big so I could see those dimples. "Well I'm going to start driving you places." I told her. "You don't have to I'm fine how I am and when will this appointment be over I have a double shift this afternoon since I quit my job working for you." she said and I looked over at her for a second then looked back to the road. "What do you mean double shift?" I asked she sounds like she has had this job for a long time. "Well I'm helping my sister and I'm paying off my fathers debts so I work two other jobs besides as your assistant." she told me quietly I already knew about her dad I knew all of that the day I hired her. She told me so I would know if she was having a panic attack. Her father is the scum of earth but I didn't know that he had debts that needed to be paid. "Why didn't you tell me about the debts I could have helped you." I told her "I may seem cold and rude to others but I treat those loyal to me like royalty it was the way I was raised." I told her. She nodded and smiled. there was the dimples I loved "So,we are here and I have no clue how long it will take." I told her she nodded and got out of the car. I stepped out and walked her to the door. I went to the front desk and asked the lady to see our family friend he is a doctor. "May I see Dr.Reynolds he knows me tell him it's David." I tell the receptionist. She nods and goes to talk to him. "Come over here and wait." I told her as I brung her to the future parents waiting room. We were sitting in silence for a moment or to when I heard the doctor come in. "David, it's good to see you my nurse said you were here." With that he turned to look at Mina and said "Its been years since I've seen you Mina." she smiled and stood up to hug him. "You know each other?" I asked Mina nodded and looked at my old family friend. "He has helped me a lot. He is the one that examined me after he found us when I was eighteen that was when the truth came out about my dad." she told me. She looked over to him and said "I was actually going to come soon I have a few questions." she said to him he nodded and took us back to a privet room. "What is it you would like to know?" he asked and she told him bluntly "Im pregnant." He seems shocked and then looks at me "You are the dad?" he questioned. I nodded and told him "We came to make sure it was mine." he looked shocked. He nosed and preformed the appropriate test and came back five minutes latter without a word. "Well the child is most defiantly yours David." he said I smiled at the thought of being a dad. "So I'm going to be a parent?" I asked he then nodded. I heard Mina's voice come from the bench she was sitting on. "Will it have it." he looked over and a sad look came over his face "The child may but then again it isn't a gene that can be inherited." I looked at them in confusion.
"What are you talking about?" the doctor said "I will go get the ultrasound machine." ten left the room I looked at Mina still in the same place "Well I mean you were going to find out eventually."she said "Find out what exactly?" I asked quietly "I have a seizure condition." She said quietly I froze for a moment then said "Okay it's just another bump in the road." she looked up with tears in her eyes "Hey it's okay. Wether you like it or not we are in this together." she gave me a slight nod and wiped her eyes. Then Dr.Reynolds walked in with a big machine pulled behind him. It all hit me about then I'm going to be a dad. Im going to be a parent I stood over behind Mina and held her hand as the doctor got everything set up.