2. Halloween Party

It's cold.

And dark.

And...

It's quiet.

"Too quiet."

A small laugh echoes around the room, despite the odd situation that I find myself in. I can't see anything past the thick blindfold, but the darkness has never stopped my imagination from running wild.

"I'm Batman."

I bite my lip to try and hold the laughter in, but to no avail. The sound echoes around the empty room again, bouncing back and forth.

"Wanna know how I got these scars?"

The chains that hold my wrists to the wall above my head clink together as my shoulders start to shake with the force of my laughter.

"To the Batmobile!"

"Do you find something about this funny?" A voice interrupts my internal musing, but even the shock of their sudden presence can't completely quell my amusement.

"Do I?"

The voice is silent a moment, then, "Do you know where you are?"

"Do I?"

Another moment of silence: a frustrated sigh. "Do you know why you're here?"

A grin grows across my face. "Do I?"

"Please answer seriously. This is not a laughing matter." The voice sounds like they're holding back their anger, but the last thing I'm going to do is not provoke them.

"Isn't it?"

A chair scrapes harshly against the floor and quiet footsteps make their way towards me. A hand grabs my shirt harshly, but it does nothing to shrink my grin. "Consider your position carefully," the voice says, their tone anything but nice despite how quietly they speak. "Now, I ask you again. Do you know where you are?"

I tilt my head to the side slightly, considering. "That depends. Who are you asking?"

The hand loosens, though they don't let go. The next time they speak, they're less angry and more curious. "What do you mean by that?"

"What do you think I mean?"

The hand tightens again, the voice angry once more. "Stop playing games, Morrow."

"Well, that wasn't so hard, now was it?"

"What?"

"Exactly." The voice is silent once more: confused, I hope. "Exactly," I say, like it settles the whole conversation.

The voice sighs. "I'll be back in an hour. I hope you'll have changed your mind by then."

I don't respond, just let my smile do all the talking.

I'm.

Batman.

~~~~~~~~~~

My cheeks hurt. A lot. And I can't tell if the voice person is back yet or not. I haven't heard a single door open or close, but the voice person walks way too quietly to hear their footsteps anyway.

It feels like it's been forever when they finally speak again.

"Have you reconsidered?"

"Hmm...Nope."

"No, you haven't reconsidered, or no to my previous questions?"

"Both, of course."

The voice sighs, and I hear a chair creaking as they sit down. "Collin, lives are at stake here. The information you have, the information we seek, can save hundreds of people."