two

Lisa was mad.

All she's seeing right now is red, and nothing but red.

And she knew it was dangerous because she's driving but she couldn't care less, really.

Not when her boyfriend of two years decided to break up with her the day after her eighteenth birthday.

The asshole sent her a text. Yes, a fucking text. Apparently that was all she was worth. He texted her saying that he's sorry and that he thinks they should break up.

That's it. No explanations, no nothing.

So here she was, wasting gas and driving to wherever the roads take her. Lisa then realizes it was already half past midnight and she's been crying and driving around for more than four hours. She lost track of time, just like how she lost track of her relationship.

For others, it could've been just a misunderstanding. But for Lisa, she knew she had this habit of thinking everything was okay and that her life is going smoothly, then eventually having everything blow up in her face.

She did nothing wrong, right?

Lisa had been the perfect girlfriend. Remembering his birthday and all the important dates, not being late on date nights, she payed attention even to his stupidest of ideas and he had the fucking audacity to break things off with her over text.

She wants to destroy him.

It was after her break up with Hanbin when she met Sehun. Lisa didn't really pay much attention to him, and he became more like an acquaintance rather than a friend. He has always been the shy type, so reserved, and had walls built higher than Rapunzel's tower.

A few weeks after they met was the turning point, after Lisa opened her locker to find a red rose with a note that says 'meet me at the rooftop after class'. She was a bit shaken up, of course. What if it was a prank? What if it was some creepy stalker who had nothing better to do in life?

Jungkook immediately turned down the idea of her meeting up with Mr. Red Rose, taking extra precautions and doing his job as her bestfriend. However, being the curious little girl she is, she still went to the rooftop. And there stood Sehun, in his messed up hair and uniform, confessing his apparent feelings for her.

Lisa thought it wouldn't hurt to give him a chance and give love another shot so when he asked her out she said yes.

Well, she was wrong. It hurts like a bitch.

"Fuck. What the hell am I doing with my life," she muttered, trying her best not take her eyes off the road.

A few minutes later, she found herself back in her apartment building. Fixing her hair and grabbing her stuff, she walked out of her car with all the intention to go straight to her unit, which was her parents' birthday gift for her, and cry herself to sleep.

As she entered the code and opened her door however, she almost jumped in both shock and a little fear.

There was Jeon Jungkook, sitting comfortably on her gray couch with his legs propped up on the coffee table. Lisa's cheeks immediately heated up in embarrassment.

Yes, embarrassment. It totally has nothing to do with the three bottles of beer she just drunk while driving.

Oh god, her fucking boyfriend broke up with her and she's probably going to jail and her life's so screwed up right now and she looks like an absolute mess and she didn't know how to face her bestfriend who's currently looking at her with an unreadable expression on his face right now.

What the fuck is happening.

Why the fuck is this happening.

"Lis.."

"Please don't," shocked at how wrecked her voice sounded, she walked towards her kitchen to get a glass of water.

Mostly to drink it, but she was tempted to pour it over her head or something.

"I swear to god, spare me the pity party," she huffed. "If I hear you say I told you so, I'm gonna grab whatever my hands could reach and shove whatever that is up your ass."

She heard him chuckle. "No need to get violent, doll."

"Jungkook?"

"Hmm?"

"I want you to be honest with me."

With his forehead creased, Jungkook made his way towards her and immediately wrapped his arms around her. She sighed and buried her face in his chest, struggling to stop another fresh batch of tears threatening to fall.

"You're kinda scaring me doll," he kissed her temple. "What is it?"

"Do you think it was my fault?"

"What was?"

"That Sehun broke up with me," she slightly tilted her head, facing him. "Do you think I did something wrong?"

He sighed, dragging her and making the both of them sit down on her couch. "You have to stop thinking that it's your fault everytime a guy breaks up with you."

"But what if it is my fault—"

"You've only had two boyfriends Lisa," he deadpanned. "Both of which turned out to be assholes but, not everyone's bound to get it right the first time."

"And the second time?"

"Fine, then. Not everyone's bound to get it right the first few times," he added, rolling his eyes.

After that pep talk, Lisa found herself with a smile on her face. She sobered up a bit too, after Jungkook made her drink coffee and making her almost puke her guts out because she absolutely hates caffeine intake in the middle of the night.

But she couldn't hate him for that since it made her feel so much better.

It amazes her, really. Jungkook has and still is one of the very few people who could handle her, mood swings and weird habits and all. She must've saved a nation in her past life or some shit like that for her to have this one in seven billion chance of meeting him.

"I made french toast," she snapped out of her thoughts as she heard his voice. "Want some?"

"Nope, I'm good."

He shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Jungkook turned around after that, blessing Lisa's eyes with an amazing view of his broad shoulders and muscles. Yeah, she's probably having these weird thoughts running through her mind right now as post-break up side effects because she suddenly finds him so attractive that she had to remind herself that she and Jungkook are completely platonic.

Even though that wasn't always the case.

She knows that no matter how hard she denies it, Lisa had wanted to push the boundaries of their friendship a little more than what was allowed. But she always stopped herself. What they had is something she couldn't risk for what she considered as a petty little crush.

So as a solution (or a diversion maybe?) she dated other guys.

It was simple logic.

The way Jungkook treats her doesn't help her case, though, at all. He treats her like a princess, wait no—He treats her like a fucking queen and that's putting it lightly.

Unfortunately, he's known for being the bad boy heartbreaker in their school and he has repeatedly told her how he hates that image of his because it's sickening how its so unnecessarily cliche.

"Lisa."

"Hmm?"

"I know I'm hot as hell, but staring is rude."

She glared at him, slightly flushed as she realized what she was thinking about. "I'm not staring."

"You're drooling, actually—"

"Fuck you."