CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Snow

HEY AWESOME POSUMS!

I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING....

I'M. NOT. READY. FOR. BLOOD. OF. OLYMPUS. ; _______ ;

CRAP.

HERE I AM, ANXIOUS ON WHO'S GONNA KICK THE BUCKET. * le gasps*

I CAN'T--

///////////////////////////////////////

CHAPTER FOURTEEN – Snow

I open the door to my room; instantly, my jaw drops open. My mom seems to register my reactions and grinned excitedly. I examine the room the room before me and wondered if my mother gone gaga turning the whole house around.

“An early Christmas present” Mom presented proudly, still grinning ear to ear

“Wow. Mom.” I breathed, very impressed,

The old bed I used over the summer was replaced with a queen-sized four poster bed that was draped with thin lace curtains, making it look dreamlike or somewhat like the beds in fairytales wherein the prince would kiss a sleeping princess in.

My walls were no longer their original color I once had before. They were peach with the flowers I had painted on them over the summer except its petals were proudly showing off the Gryffindor colors of red and orange.

“The ceiling!” I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand

“Remy helped me that – do you like it?” she asked me, putting her hands on her hips proudly,

“I love it!” I grinned, hugging her with one arm, then I let go.

“Glad to hear” she smiled,

The ceiling had a new coat of white and in a perfect circle on top of my bed were five wispy-like animals that looked like it glowed faintly somewhat like a patronus. They formed a circle surrounding a beautiful painting of the dark starry sky outside. I recognized the animals quickly since they were my favorites ever since I was young – a snowy owl, a doe, a wolf, a fox and a hare.

I entered and set myself down on the new bed. My desk was moved, facing the window; my drawings, now hung on the wall beside. Shado’s cage was placed one corner with her already inside, feeding on her food. The old couch from downstairs was placed on the position my desk was once before.

“Thanks mom” I said,

“It’s nothing” she shrugged, sitting down on my bed,

Moments of silence passed between us. I decided it was time – time, I would tell mom what I knew and learn more about her past. Maybe…

“I have something to tell you Ella” she announced suddenly, “well, actually I want to tell you everything. Everything I had back here. In the past”

I stared at the floor - this was it. She sighed deeply as if preparing herself for the longest speech in her life. I shot her my best ‘I’m listening’ face.

“I lived in France till I was fifteen. I had a brother, but he died protecting us when we were making our escape. His name was Lucas; he was a year older than me. He’s the guy in the picture you saw in your room when we first got here. I just told you that he was your father because he took care of you most of the time when I was busy.” She choked out, her words cracking slightly “during my days in Hogwarts, I was sorted into Gryffindor while he was sorted into Ravenclaw. A year later, I became part of the Marauders, I had many friends, and I fell in love. After graduating I joined the order like all my other friends, Lucas did the same, recruiting some of his friends too. I married Sirius and I had you. Lucas had his own wife and unborn child but they were soon murdered by Voldemort. Lucas was so heartbroken, so let him take care of you because I wanted to help fill that empty hole in his heart.” She sighed, staring at the ceiling.