Chapter 2 - Shitshow

Noah's POV

I step into the big building and let my eyes scan the place for a few seconds. Everything's kind of jacked up, but it's still modern of some sort. The guard pushes me from behind, signalizing me to move. Honestly, I really want to punch the damn guy right this second, but I don't want to put up with them beating me again. So, I clench my jaw and 'get a move on' – just like he says for about the hundredth time for today.

After passing some halls, I spot the first Aliums. 

I don't remember when I last saw another Alium. They all stare at me, walking through the corridor, and it doesn't take long for the whispers to start. They're loud enough for me to hear most of them, but thankfully, I don't give any fucks about what they are saying. I roll my eyes, already bored out from the day I've been having. I just want to sleep.

The amount of Aliums in the halls gets less and less until we finally reach a big door. There are two guards standing in front of it. One of the guards that escorted me here whispers something to the guard that's on the right side of the door. He nods and opens the door, saying "He's here" to whoever is in the room. The man behind me pushes me again, causing me to step inside.

A woman is sitting at a desk, smiling at me with her fingers intertwined in front of her.
"Mr. Dunn. It's a pleasure to meet you."
It would be a bigger pleasure to punch her in the face.
"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mrs. Vance. One of the two heads of this whole building – The Lenimentum. There's also Mr. Egan. I'm sure you'll meet him sooner or later."
I hope not. I decide not to say much, because the faster this conversation ends, the faster I can be fucking alone and sleep.
"Now, I have many thing I have to do, my hands are all full, so one of these gentlemen will tell you how things are handled around here.", she refers to the guards.
Ugh, are you kidding me? More talking?
"Well, he's all yours.", she says to the guard next to me. "Goodbye, Mr. Dunn."
Finally, the guard escorts me to another room to go on and explain this whole shitshow to me.