Chapter 6 - New

Storm's POV

After practice – I gained 20 Croits – I quickly head back to my room.
I'm nervous. I don't know how to act around people who don't hate me. Maybe I should change my clothes? As I step into the cell, I spot Noah in the middle of the room.
With no shirt.
His hair is wet, so he probably just took a shower. How fast was he done with practice? I got out early as well, but he already took a shower?
The water here is cold as ice. I've never even had a hot shower, not as far as I can remember.
As I stare at his chest toned with abs, I also notice he's got bruises on his body. What the hell happened to this guy?
"Care to see more or...?", he smirks.
I rapidly turn my back to him and feel my face go red. "Um...Sorry."
I squeeze my eyes shut, embarrassed from the sight. I've never seen a guy like that. Half-naked. 
Wait, why am I apologizing, though? This is my room, as well. 
"Can't you do that in the bathroom?", I ask, still turned around.
"Why would I? I don't really care anyway."
Wow. Honestly, can't he just do the simplest things I ask of him? 
Crossing my arms in front of my chest, I face him. "I do."
"That's not my problem." He shrugs his shoulders. He now has a shirt on. The same thing he's been wearing since he has been here. 
"Look, I don't know if it's because you have too much pride, but if you want to survive here, you should adapt. Do the practice as the guards say and you can gain Croits so that you don't have to walk around in the same dirty clothes.", I explain, trying to help him. There's a laundry station, but every Alium can only use a washing machine once a week. 
I don't know what he's been through, maybe he's just an asshole because he's got some rough days past him. 
"Listen, Black Swan.", he starts, coming closer, staring straight into my eyes from above. I raise my head to do the same. He was tall. "Mind your own business and stop saying shit I don't give a fuck about." Next thing I know, he's out of the cell. 
How the hell is he going to be my 'teacher'?
After remaining in the same position for a few seconds, I break my pose and take a glance at the clock. I should hurry up. Lunch or Dinner – we only get two meals a day – is going to start in an hour. Today the kids get to eat before us, so unlike yesterday, I have time to wash myself. 
Releasing my hair from the ponytail, slipping out of my clothes, I step into the shower. I startle at the first touch of the ice-cold water on my body, but I get used to it after a minute or so. It's nice to wash away the sweat that I've collected from practice yesterday as well as today. 
After I'm done, I wrap myself into a towel and step out of the bathroom to walk to my drawer of clothes. Thankfully Noah was gone already. I don't know how I'm going to shower when he's here at one point, which is bound to happen sooner or later.
I gaze at the few clothes that I have. Grey, black, and grey again. Sighing, I look through all of the sweaters I have – 4. Finally, I find a big, baby-blue one. I haven't worn this in forever. Or have I ever even worn it? I don't even know why I bought it, I never wear coloured clothes. The others here spend a lot of their Croits on dresses or shirts etcetera, but I spend my Croits on other things or I just save them. 
But I don't want to turn up to the meeting with Clancy's friends looking like I'm on my way to a funeral. I stare at the sweater that has yet to be worn by me. 
Why not?
I put on some underwear and the sweater that is surprisingly soft. I still stick with my regular black leggings though. It's not see-through and the sweater covers my bottom anyway. 
After I'm finally dressed, I take a look at the mirror. My hair has dried a bit now, so I brush through it. Maybe I shouldn't tie it today and let it be opened?
No, I'll still tie it. 
Then, finally, I leave the cell and head to the dining station.
I wait at the spot where I met Clancy today, stepping from one foot to another. I'm really nervous. 
This is probably the most normal thing ever for other people, Satius' as well as Aliums, meeting people their age. But it wasn't for me. My heart is beating fast and my breath quickens when I see Clancy walk towards me with four other people. More than I expected. 
Clancy comes forth with a "Hey you!".
"Hi." I try to keep up with her grin, but I feel like she's still more beaming with excitedness than me. 
"Okay people, this is lovely Storm. Please treat her as nicely as she deserves!", she warns her friends. 
She starts introducing each of them.
One of them is a girl called Leigh. Her big eyes remind me of the ocean. She's got wavy blue hair with cute bangs. The brightness of the colours in each ability can range from bright to rather dark. Hers is rather a dark turquoise-ish blue. It's long but not as long as Clancy's. She also has freckles. Since she's definitely never seen the sun, it's probably genetic. It makes me feel better that she seems shy as well. Being seventeen, she's the youngest.
Another one is a boy with chaotic, orange hair. His apricot eyes are small, and I can almost sense that he's the jokester of the group. I've always wondered how it must be to be super-fast. His name is Flynn Aden. 
The next girl she introduces me to is one with piercing yellow eyes. Her bright hair is short, shorter than mine – it's almost a pixie cut, but it suits her. I can't imagine how cool it must be to be able to control all four elements. She's Effie
The last person she introduces me to is another boy. His green hair is rather dark and messy and wavy, and his moss eyes seem very calm. The fact that he's a Clairvoyant makes me nervous again. What information is he gaining about me, just by looking at me? Ivan is his name. 
I shake the thought away and keep my smile up. 
"It's nice to meet you all!", I say politely. I know it'll take time for me to loosen up a bit. 
"Well, let's eat! I'm starving!", Flynn says and finally leads us all to the cafeteria.