Chapter 8 - Let's fucking party

Noah's POV

Food. Finally.
As soon as I enter the room, whispers and giggles kick in again. I'm starting to get used to it, but it's still really fucking annoying. 
Apparently, it's the same food as yesterday. I'm not a picky eater though. It's not like I ate like a king before being brought to this damn building. And it doesn't taste too bad, either. But I can imagine it getting bothersome if this is what's offered every day.
I sit down on a rather small table and it doesn't take long until there's other people joining me. Here we go again. More talking.
"Hey!" A girl is sitting on the other side of the table, joined by a boy. They both have pink hair. 
"Siblings?", I straight out ask.
The girl looks at the boy and starts giggling, shaking her head.
"Nope, we're friends. Here in The Lenimentum only one child is allowed, anyway. There are no siblings.", the boy explains.
Right, forgot about that. I mean, I was mentally asleep half into the explanation and guide from the guard, so he probably mentioned it, but I just couldn't care less.
"Noah, right?", the girl asks with a smile. I don't know if it's a kind smile or a suggestive one. 
I nod. 
"I'm Katelyn Darwin. Everyone calls me Kate, though.", pinkie introduces herself.
The boy next to her does the same. "Levin Bly."
"I reckon you haven't found any friends yet?", he adds. 
Well, it's not like I couldn't have. I just literally don't want or need any. The less friends I have, the less people are around me and the less I need to put up with people talking.
So, I shake my head while shrugging a bit. 
"Oh! How about you join us today? There's a party!" 
What the hell? A party? 
"Yup, a party.", Levin says. Right. Telepathy. 
"I thought you guys were prisoners? How do they allow you to throw a party?" 
Seriously, were they just going to hang out in a cell or...?
"I know, it surprised us too, at first. Some girl somehow just announced one day that parties were allowed, if someone spends about 150 to 200 Croits. Which is pretty expensive. But some people just have a lot of Croits, or they save Croits to host a party. There's even some booze, which is pretty expensive as well." she winks. 
"It's here at the cafeteria. Don't worry, the guards really did allow it.", Levin further explains. Oh, as if I'd worry about that.
"Everyone will be there!", she grins. Excited much? 
Honestly, I really don't want to be around any more people than I have to. But god, I haven't drunken alcohol in such a long time and just hearing its name makes me want it. It would help to take my mind of these past days, huh? 
Though I'm still wondering why the guards and the head of this place would allow this. It does seem pretty suspicious, doesn't it?
But then again, what's the worst that could happen?
"Exactly.", Kate chuckles.
"I'm in."
"Yay! It's tomorrow at 7. Three hours before lockdown.", she claps. 
Let's fucking party, then.