They're the Color of your Blood

i need reed900 hanahaki ok im just gonna take it in a random direction
i went to the aquarium the other day and the sea lions were like nyooooom so we're gonna nyooom this story randomly

nyooooom

word count for everything yeeyee: 2909 according to wattpad

--

Gavin frowned as he noticed a small leaf on his shoulder. How had that gotten there? Had one of his cats left him a gift? Usually it was dead mice and pigeons.

He picked it off his shoulder, yelping at the pain the followed. It tugged on his skin slightly, a small bleed beginning. Shit, it must have had a splinter attached. Maybe he rolled on it in his sleep and didn't notice. He slept pretty heavily.

He tried licking the red blood off his shoulder, but the effort proved ineffective as it was too far from his tongue. He hummed in disappointment and scraped the blood off his shoulder. Don't pull a Nines, there, Gavin, he told himself, sinking into his own thoughts.

He readied himself for work, making it to the precinct on time, a thing he hasn't done in a while. He was surprised he wasn't fired yet.

And there, greeting him with a small nod, was exactly why he came to work on time.

Detective Conan "Nines" Anderson.

Maybe he should start coming early.

To people who didn't know him too well, they would think he just particularly hated Nines to an unfathomable extent. But boy, were they wrong.

In reality, he had fallen head-over-heels for the android.

To people who did know him well, aka Tina and Chris, he was so deep in love. God, he was so, so deep in love. He'd sit there on his couch after work, and just think of his absolute perfection. Every curve, every word he used was absolutely wonderful. Fuck, and those eyes. Those icy, emotional eyes. He would drown in them willingly. Even the smallest glance from the android could send him spiraling into his loving thoughts.

At first, he'd been reluctant to let these thoughts continue. Then he realized they were just his thoughts, and nobody could read them, so he let them go on. Now there was no way in hell he could stifle them. Nines was so beautiful, so absolutely beautiful in every way.

He blinked himself out of his trance that lasted for a second and put on a scowl. "The fuck's your problem, shit miser?"

Nines frowned, creating a pang of guilt in the detective. "I thought you'd be happier to see me after we solved that case together."

I'm always happy to see you. "Hah, no. Your Social Relations program is fucking shit."

Nines narrowed his eyes. "You remember the name?"

I'd remember anything you say. "As if I couldn't," Gavin sneered quickly. "You brag about it all the time."

"Whatever you say, Gavin."

God, if Nines would say his name again. His smooth voice was perfect. He'd pay money just for Nines to look at him. Drugs and alcohol and caffeine couldn't compare to the kick he felt whenever he was around Nines. Whenever he thought of Nines.

Nines was his drug. His perfect, beautiful drug. He could never overdose, there was nothing awful about coming off the high that the fleeting thought of the android could create.

How much he wanted to tell Nines this. How much he wanted to tell Nines how much he loved him.

"Don't call me Gavin, we aren't friends, you fucking useless trash can."