Chapter 4

I was walking around the event, watching a bit of the different performances. We didn't play today, so I had almost nothing to do. I was almost lost in my thoughts when I bumped into someone. Sending me to the ground.

"Sorry about that," I said as I looked up at who it was that I ran into.

When I did, a gasp left my mouth involuntarily. I hoped to never see him again.

"Well, Raakel, what are you doing here?" he asked me as I scooted back. Trying to get away from him. "Raakel, why are you doing that? It's just me."

"I don't want anything to do with you!" I shouted, standing and turning to run.

I didn't get very far before he grabbed my waist and picked me up off the ground.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he hissed as he covered my mouth.

I fought against his hold, trying to get free. I noticed that we were where there was very few people. How did he get back here?

I got an idea.

I bit his hand, getting him to take his hand off my mouth.

"Alan!" I screamed, trying to get someone's attention.

"You bitch!" he shouted as he tossed me to the ground.

Before I could move, I felt his foot connect with my side. I expected to feel it again, but nothing. I was pulled into someone's arms and I feared who it was. So I thrashed about, hoping to get away.

"Raakel, stop. It's just me."

I stopped and relaxed at his voice. It was Alan. He must have heard me scream for him.

Wait. If he was here with me, where was Dylan? And almost as if he was reading my thoughts, Alan spoke.

"Austin has him," he told me as he picked me up, carrying me off after I heard security come over.

I nodded as I held onto him for dear life. He held me close as he walked off. I felt safe in his arms. I felt him move his arm from under my shoulders to open a door and walk on the bus. He closed the door behind him and sat with me on the couch.

I looked around to see it was their bus that he had brought me back to. He held me as close as he could without hurting my ribs.

"Do you need anything?" he asked me before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I shook my head and kept my grip on his shirt. He nodded as he brushed some of my hair out of my face.

"Who was he?" he asked me after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"An ex boyfriend," I answered. "I was with him when I was seventeen. He was great for the first few months. But, he changed. He got violent. He couldn't control me verbally so he tried physically. Daddy and Uncle David saw what he did and they went after him. Not long after that, I moved to LA."

I felt bad for not telling him everything, but the less he knew, the safer he was.

Alan just pressed a kiss to my forehead then to my cheek and finally on my lips. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, "As long as I am around, nothing will happen to you," he whispered.

I nodded before I buried my face in the crook of his neck, his scent calming to me. I still wasn't used to the feeling of being loved like this. Sure my family loved me, but, this was different. He felt like this even before he met my dad.

I know we've only known each other for a few weeks, but I still feel the way I do. 

I dn't know why, but I was really sleepy at that moment. So, I didn't bother trying to stay awake. I knew that Reyes or Kandy would be out looking for me.