Chapter 11

While Alan was still asleep, I slipped out of the bed and made my way into the front lounge. With the intention to get something to drink. I was so thirsty.

I almost dropped the glass when I heard someone speak from behind me. I turned around to see Matt. I put my hand over my heart and let out a breath.

"You scared me, Matt," I said as I made my way over and sat next to him on the couch.

"Sorry," he said, grinning as he scratched his neck. "But, since you're in here, I need to talk to you."

"What about?" I asked, confused.

"Well, I'm not so sure about Alan, RaaRaa," he told me. "He doesn't seem like a nice guy."

"Listen, you haven't been around him very long, Matt," I told him. "He saved me from my crazy ex boyfriend."

I stood and made my way back to the bedroom, putting my glass in the sink as I passed. I climbed into the bed with Alan and curled into his side. He wrapped his arm around me and kept a firm grip on me. Like he was reassuring himself that I was actually there.

I smiled a little as I rested my head on his chest. I wonder when the ladies are gonna want to be in the studio again?

For some reason, Alan's breathing started speeding up. Like he was having a nightmare or something.

I propped myself up with my arm and tried to calm him without waking him. But, it wasn't working. I shook his shoulder, waking him up.

"Alan, what's wrong?" I asked after he calmed his breathing.

He shook his head, indicating that he wasn't gonna tell me.

I sighed before I sat up, crossing my legs. He did the same, burying his face in his hands.

I rested a hand on his shoulder and he removed his hands from his face, resting one of them on top of mine. I gave his shoulder a light squeeze.

"Is everything okay, Alan?" I asked.

He nodded his head before he laid back down, his back to me. I sighed before I did the same. He'll tell me when he wants to.

I was almost asleep when I felt the bed shift and Alan speak.

"Raakel? You awake?"

I turned over to face him and sat up, taking his hands in mine.

"What is it, Alan?" I asked gently. He looked like he was worried about something. "What were you dreaming about?"

He took a deep breath before he spoke, "It was just all the things that happened while I was in high school," he answered. "I never really had any friends and I was bullied a lot. The nightmares just start every so often."

I nodded before I pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Remember, you can tell me anything," I told him, pulling him into my arms.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and I pressed a kiss to the top of his head.

"I'm not going anywhere, Alan," I told him as we laid back down.

Alan took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers, "You're too good for me, Raakel," he whispered.

"They say the people who are the saddest try to make others happy because they know what it feels like to feel worthless," I told him. "Now, try to get some sleep. We have a busy day starting at eleven. I'll be here when you wake up. If I wake up before you do."

"And I'll be here if I wake up before you," he told me with a small smile.

I grinned before he pressed his lips to mine. I returned it gladly.

I loved this man. He wasn't perfect, but he was perfect for me.