Chapter 9

I was sitting in the dressing room with Melody, doing some vocal warm ups. She looked to be farther than any six and a half months.

I had just finished getting ready for the show. A pair of ripped, deep purple skinny jeans, the black Of Mice & Men tee that I had made into a tank top and ripped it to pieces, and a pair of black Toms. Mel and JT had gotten here early just so she could do my hair. It actually looked really good. And Alan loved it when she finally let him look.

She had also done my makeup. A simple thick line of black eyeliner, dark purple eyeshadow, and a bright red lipstick. I didn't normally wear makeup, but she had me wear it since she thought it went with what I was wearing.

I also had to go over the set list. Which wasn't too long. Just long enough to add up to an hour and a half. I was waiting for the last song by Famous Last Words before I went to the merch table.

Alan was with Brad and Neil doing whatever, letting us ladies catch up after so long.

"Hey, Raakel, can I ask you something?" Melody asked me, looking at me.

I stopped my vocal warm ups and looked at her, nodding.

"Whatcha need to talk about, Mel?" I asked her, turning on the couch to face her.

"I was wondering, would you be the godmother for my son?" she asked me, fiddling with her fingers.

I smiled at her a day nodded, "It would be an honor, Mel," I told her before I pulled her into a hug.

She returned it before she pulled away a little, looking down at her abdomen, running her hand down it, "Tony, meet your godmother," she said with a grin. "Raakel."

I laughed as I heard JT running in. He quickly made his way over to his wife, pressing his lips to hers, "Did you ask her?" he asked.

Mel nodded as JT sat next to her, "She agreed," she responded with a grin.

******

Brad was telling the crowd what happened and that I was filling in for Matt. I pressed a kiss to Alan's cheek before I ran out. I got a hug from Brad and Barry as I grabbed the mic.

"Okay, so, I know we had a specific set list, but, I wanted to start this off with a special song," I told the crowd as I walked along the edge of the stage. "It was the song I was listening to when I first met the guy that brought a very special ginger into my life."

I looked to the three of Three Days Grace, telling them to start.

"Tonight, my head is spinning

I need something to pick me up

I’ve tried but nothing is working

I won’t stop

I won’t say I’ve had enough

Tonight, I start the fire

Tonight, I break away

Break away from everybody

Break away from everything

If you can’t stand the way

This place is

Take yourself to higher places

(ohhh, ohhh)

At night I feel like a vampire

It’s not right 

I just can’t give it up

I’ll try to get myself higher

Let’s go

We’re going to light it up

Tonight we start the fire

Tonight we break away

Break away from everybody

Break away from everything

If you can’t stand the way 

This place is

Take yourself to higher places

If you can’t stand the way this place is

Take (take) yourself (yourself)

To higher places

Break away from everybody

Break away from everything

If you can’t stand the way 

This place is

Take yourself to higher places

ohh…higher places

ohh…to higher places

ohh…higher places

Take yourself to higher places."

The crowd actually seemed to think I was doing great filling in for Matt. Well, judging by their cheers they did. I glanced over sidestage, seeing Alan grinning at me. I never told him what song I was listening to when I first met Austin. If it hadn't been for Austin being so friendly, I wouldn't have met Alan.