T-Todoroki...?[Chapter 1]

This book takes place after the students moved into the dorms at UA. It will be told from Midoriya's POV unless said otherwise at the beginning of the chapter. Keep in mind this is the first thing I've ever written.

I bolt upright in my bed, taking in big gulps of air, sweat making my hair stick to my face. It was the same nightmare over and over. The League of Villains finally succeeded in overtaking the city by killing All Might. It was one of my biggest fears. They kidnapped me and I couldn't go help him. I...I couldn't...save him. I try to calm my breathing. After a few minutes, I succeed. I wanted to go back to sleep, but my mouth was feeling so dry.

I glanced over to the clock, "Oh no, 5:00 already. I had better go get some water and get back to sleep," I quickly decided in my head.

I moved quietly out my room, tiptoeing down the hall and making my way down to the kitchen. I was just turning to walk into the kitchen when I let out a startled yelp. I wasn't expecting anyone else to be down here this early. I already knew who it was judging from the two-toned hair before he even turned to look at me.

"Midoriya?" Todoroki asked incredulously. "Why are you up so early?"

"T-Todoroki," I mumbled, "I erm- I had a nightmare..." I trailed off.

Seeing the look of sympathy spread across his face, I quickly added, "And I'm not up for talking about it."

He held up his hands in mock surrender, dismissing any questions he had wanted to ask. It was only then that I noticed the cookie in his hand. He saw me focus on his hand and smiled a light smile.

"Want one? I just baked them." He offered kindly.

I nodded. I hadn't known Todoroki baked. Especially not this early in the morning. He handed me a cookie and I took a small bite. My eyes immediately widened.

"Are they that bad?" He asked when he saw my expression.

"No no! Not at all Todoroki-kun! I just didn't know how good cookies could be," I said as I chuckled awkwardly and ruffled my hair nervously.

His face calmed and he motioned for me to sit at the table. I did and he brought over a plate holding the rest of the cookies and two glasses of milk. I told him thanks as I happily took the milk, drinking some to relieve my dry throat. After I took a cookie and dipped it into the milk, glancing down while trying to think of a topic of conversation.

"You're improving using your quirk," Todoroki broke the silence.

A blush rose slightly to my cheeks. "Not as well as you though," I rushed out and smiled.

He didn't smile back. "Midoriya, you're just as good as everyone else here. If anything, you deserve to be here more than anyone else. You've already done more than all of us here. You've come this far in such a short amount of time..." He continued on.

As he talked, I zoned out. I noticed the passion in his words as he talked. I noticed how his hands moved and how he licked his lips as they got dry. I noticed the All Might T-shirt he was wearing. I noticed how his white hair blended with his red, something I had yet to see. Todoroki looked like he had finished and I snapped quickly out of it.

"Do you understand, Midoriya?"

"Yes, I do, Todoroki."

He nodded and we ate the last couple cookies in silence. After we were finished, I put the dishes in the sink and bid Todoroki goodnight. I went back to my room, the whole way thinking of what Todoroki said. He thought I belonged. He thought I was important. I clenched my fist. This was all the more reason to prove him right! I made it back to my bed and fell into a peaceful sleep, dreaming of ruffling his soft hair.

Word Count:688

A/N Woohoo! I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. I think this makes for a good opener. Will the boys fall in love? (Obviously yes, but what lengths will they have to go through) Will anyone else get in the way? Will Aoyama ever love anyone besides himself? Keep reading to find out. I'll see you all next chapter <3

-Savvy Face🍯