Friends. [Chapter 3]

☆Todoroki POV☆

It was a few hours after I had spoken with Midoriya over milk and cookies. I was up and getting ready for classes. I had thought about the minutes we were together ever since. It ran on a loop in my mind. That lil broccoli boy was able to stir a certain kind of passion in me. A kind that made me want to shake his shoulders until he saw what I saw in him. He was unlike anyone else I had ever met before. He had such a kind heart, always caring for others. He was able to easily catch my attention without even trying. I wanted to talk to him more. To be able to call him friend. Maybe more than friends one day.

I realized I had finished getting ready and decided to head to class. Early as usual. Bakugo and Kirishima were up making pancakes, but I'm not a morning person, so I grabbed an apple and started walking to class. Whenever I got to the classroom, Iida and Momo were already there. I hadn't talked to Iida very much so I decided to talk to Momo. We talked about the dorms and how we liked them. We also talked about our classes. Suddenly she asked a question which startled me.

"So do you like anyone, Todoroki?"

I managed to remain half cool.(Get it?) I really thought she wouldn't notice, but...

"Todoroki, you look flustered!" She said in a shrill voice.

"Oh no. This will be my demise," I thought quietly to myself.

As if Momo read my thoughts she said, "Don't be alarmed, I won't tell anyone. I'll even tell you my crush if you want."

I leaned forward in interest.

"I like Jirou," She whispered to me.

Wow, I actually would not have assumed that. I guess it was time to tell her mine. However, as soon as I was about to open my mouth, I noticed Midoriya and Uraraka walking in out the corner of my eye and they were holding hands?!

"Todoroki, your hair! It's smoldering!"

Sure enough, my hair had started to smoke, something which only happened when I was jealous. I quickly patted it with my hand before anyone else noticed.

"I guess you just showed me who it was," Momo said with sympathy in her voice, "I'm sorry, Todoroki."

I shook my head and conspicuously glanced over to the green-haired boy. He was silently sitting by himself. I wonder if something was wrong. Well, no time to figure it out now for Mr. Aizawa had just walked in. He talked about the dorms a little and I drowned out most everything else wondering what was up with Midoriya. All throughout classes he looked as if something was weighing on his mind. Maybe I'll ask him later if the opportunity arises.

Classes went by quickly and it was time for lunch already. I had brought my favorite, Cold Soba. I went and sat at a table by myself and later Momo joined me.

"What made you start liking Midoriya?"

"I'm not sure. It really started recently when I held a one on one conversation with him. I already knew he was amazing, but I realized he thinks badly of himself. Hearing that made me want to be the person to give him the world and make him feel appreciated. It happened so quickly. All at once..." I realized I was ranting and stuffed some food into my mouth.

Momo just smiled at me.

"So, what about you and Jirou?" I asked, eyebrows raised.