Neighbors Chapter 3

Levi, whatever his last name is, is my neighbor? As in I'm going to be seeing so much of him his face and snide remarks are going to get old?

Well, shit!

I hadn't realized we were already in my driveway until Levi spoke up,

"Um princess, you okay back there or do you just like having your arms around me?" You could hear the smirk in his voice, and what was with him calling me princess?

I rolled my eyes and hopped off the back of his motorcycle handing him his helmet.

"Thanks for the ride, but I'm sure you wanna go home now right?" I put on the best fake smile I had hoping that he could take a hint.

"Actually I'm quite sure my parents are here seeing as there aren't any lights on in my house but their cars are in our driveway." He pointed towards his house, that was of course right next to mine.

It was the same size but as ours was a light blue his was a yellow color. It had a white porch and a small garden in the front along with a blue bmw, and black Volvo S60 in the driveway.

"Well, I guess we should go inside then?" My smile had faded just a tad bit, as I was hoping he'd have to go home and I wouldn't have to tell my mom how I had bumped into Levi at the store.

"I guess we should, after you ma' lady?" Once again Levi had a mischievous gleam in his eyes as he jumped off his bike and motioned for me to walk before him.

I rolled my eyes, mentally of course I didn't wanna seem rude okay?

I was taking my time walking up the driveway to my front door hoping to somehow put off this weird encounter till some other day.

My hopes and dreams of that encounter coming some other time far off in the distance was crushed when we reached my front door.

Slowly, I put my hand on the door handle and walked in only to hear laughter coming from inside the kitchen.

Laughter? My mom hasn't laughed in two years or maybe more, I can't exactly remember when dad went to jail.

I guess I had a shocked look on my face as Levi kept walking and I just stood there like an idiot until he turned back around, his eyebrows furrowed as he studied me for a minute,

"Clara what's wrong?" I mentally shook myself out of it before putting on a smile and walking past a very confused Levi and into the kitchen where my mother and two strangers sat.

The woman whom I guessing to be Levi's mother had long curly black hair with dark brown almond shaped eyes, she had a couple of freckles on her face but you had to squint to really see them.

She looked to be around 5 foot which in comparison to Levi was really short.

The man who was beside her had to be Levi's dad. They had the same facial structure, height and looked almost identical except he had blonde hair instead of black like his son.

"Oh good your here honey and I see you've already met Levi." My mom smiled brightly at me and Levi standing in the doorway.

I nodded my head and looked down trying to hide a blush that began to crawl its way onto my cheeks.

"Well, this is Mr. And Mrs. Jacobs, Levi's parents." They both stood up and shook my hand saying hello.

They turned back to my mom before talking again.

"Well, Cindy it was nice meeting you and you to Clara! However I think we should be getting back home I still haven't cooked dinner." Mrs. Jacobs spoke and then smiled to my mother.

So they were already on a first name basis? Wow, that's a first you go mommy!

"It was nice meeting you to Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs." I smiled at both of them as Mrs. Jacobs smiled back before turning to Levi.

"Levi are you going to come home or hang out here if Cindy and Clara want you to that is." I turned to look at Levi expectantly as he had on his signature smirk before looking over at me with his beautiful blue eyes holding what looked like like plead in them?

"Of course I'd love for Levi to stay and show me around the town!" I forced a smile onto my face before turning to mom who nodded her head in agreement with me.

She probably only agreed because Levi was the only person I would make friends with and she knew that I didn't do this often.

"I guess I'm staying for awhile I'll be home later mom, love you." Surprisingly he took a couple of steps forward giving his mom a kiss on the cheek and hugging his dad.

Wow, I never would've seen that coming!

"Okay sweetheart love you two bye Cindy, Clara." Mrs Jacobs waved from the doorway where Mr. Jacobs had already disappeared.

"Mom Levi and I are going upstairs can you bring us lemonade and cookies after awhile?" I hollered over my shoulder as I motioned for Levi to follow me upstairs.

Once again, this is going to be interesting. Having the badass in my house, in my room?