Weapon Upgrade

You were sitting with Mercy while she was taking another blood sample. She had news on her research and you were just due for a full physical, blood check and all of the normal medical check up; as normal as you can be for generically enhanced men, descends of powerful leaders and super intelligent animals.

"Do you know how many different powers you have?"

"Ice, electric and fire." you explain, "I learned that if I think of burning it turns to fire, same with Ice and lightning."

"Have you ever experienced your family using these abilities before?"

You shake your head, "Father didn't like me talking about my ancestors. Perhaps he wanted me to become a Shimada to protect me? The Shimada's, from what Hanzo has told me, never married into another powerful family like mine. One with abilities. They wouldn't know what the offspring would be like. We speculate that the arrangement was to take them off my trail."

"Well putting you in here surely got Talon off your tracks." 

"Indeed." you sigh, "Hopefully they never find out about Blackwatch."

"We are very careful to keep the Blackwatch agents safe." Mercy smiles, "All of you are in your own database, away from the rest of ours. Getting into it would involve hacking directly from Athena and she's somewhere safe."

"That's good. How is my health?"

"So far you are in perfect health!" she grins, "A lot better than the boys."

"Will Genji ever be in perfect health though?"

"I suppose not. His body is still getting used to his cybernetics." she explains, "With further pairing, upgrades and testing, he will be in better physical health."

"That's good. Am I free to go?"

"Just one more thing." she starts undoing you from the blood pressure machine. "Put these on for me." she hands you a pair of gloves. "Torbjörn has been working on these for you. They should allow you to be able to use your powers more effectively. As well as give them interesting perks."

"Such as?" 

"Well, from observing your training the burning seems to come out in a straight stream, like a flamethrower." you nod your head in understanding. "With these, it will store your firepower and you may throw it. As you would a Molotov. It will allow that for all of your abilities, allowing them to become projectiles."

"Sweet, I'm going to go try these out now."

"Be careful. They are still a prototype. Report to Torbjörn if they do not work as intended, report to me for any injuries."

"Will do!" you hop off the table, slipping the gloves onto your hands. You flex your fingers in them, enjoying the softness of the cotton against your palm. You were eager to try them out, but you had to make it to the training room before you did. 

You were excited, you wanted to get better with your powers and these seemed to be the way to do it. If you can go from hands on to ranged, that would help the team and the sneak aspect.

As you turn the corner to the training room, you see Hanzo towering over a defeated looking McCree. His foot pressed hard to McCree's chest while his arms crossed over his own. "Do not, question, my combat skills again." Hanzo dug his heel into McCree's chest, causing the gunslinger to groan, "Or I will not allow you to breathe next time."

"What's, going on in here?" you questioned.

Hanzo turned to look at you, seeming nonchalant  about the whole thing. "Teaching a cowboy a lesson."

"Yer, ruinin', my windpipe."

Hanzo rolled his eyes, removing his foot from McCree's chest. "Insult me again and i will be, 'ruinin'' your offspring." 

McCree gets up from the ground, grabbing his hat on his way up. He places the piece of clothing onto his head, his face in an angry pout, lips curled downwards in a disgruntled manner. "You keep yer filthy dragon spirit hands away from ma nads."

"Then keep my name out of your filthy cigar smelling mouth." 

"I can talk about whatever I want!"

"Boys. Stop." you crossed your arms over your chest, "McCree go run laps or something."

"You ain't the boss of me."

You laugh slightly, "Oh I think I am." you flash the second in command badge that you wore on your shirt. It was something Reyes gave you, somethign symbolic. "I am your second in command and I command you to go run laps." you look back at Hanzo, "Do I need to report to your commander?"

"Not at all.' Hanzo says, "I'll keep my hands to myself."

"This ain't fair. He gets different treatment because he was supposed to be your hus-"

You raise a hand, "Now you need to do chin-ups." you say, "Keep speaking lies and I'll go directly to Reyes."

McCree grumbles, storming out of the room. "He is a handful." Hanzo says, looking at your hands, your gloves catching his attention. "What are these?"

"Oh, Mercy gave them to me. Well, Torb made them and gave them to her to give to me." you explain, "They're meant to help turn my abilities into throwable balls of destruction."

"Well that would be helpful." he says, taking a few steps back. "Don't let me get in the way."

You walk up to the shooting range part of the training area. You think of cold; freezing, seeing a small ball of ice forming in your hand. Once you're satisfied with the size, you throw it at one of the dummies, watching it freeze over.

You smile, trying it again with your electricity and your fire. The bots becoming your play toys at this rate and all you could think about was how thee bots were going to be Talon.

And how Talon was going to be your toys. Your playthings to do with as you wish. Until you decide to end it all. To end them. To seek your revenge.

That day couldn't come sooner.