Chapter 9: A Close Call Part 1

(This is probably one of the longest chapters, but it is done! Thank you all for your support and enjoy! I had to add another short fight scene to this too! Enjoy! )

(Skylor's POV)

            I woke up in a house on a couch. I couldn't exactly recall how I got here, but I knew I was safe here.

"Sky! Are you feeling better?" Kai asked concerned as he ran over to me.

I was in Kai's house?! Oh, no. If my father found out...

"What happened to you?" he asked as he kneeled beside the couch, "You looked very tired and hurt"

I couldn't tell him the truth about what happened to me. He wouldn't want to be around me anymore.

"I was out for a walk when I got attacked during the White Paladin's raid" I lied in a convinced manner.

"Yeah, those attacks are a huge pain. I was late coming home because of that attack" Kai said with a laugh, "Hey I am going to head to school, do you want to come with me? We can take my bike or just walk"

He was being so kind to someone like me. I couldn't understand why though. Why is he, Lance, and Acxa always so kind to me? I never understood it.

"We can take your bike. I don't want to be late for Mrs. Erauqs' class" I told him calmly.

"Great! I'll get it ready!" he said excitedly as he ran out of the living room.

He seemed pretty excited. I smiled happily. I turned around when I heard his mother chuckle. This was Maya Smith! I remained calm as I looked at her.

"You know, I have never seen him that happy until we threw his party" Maya began, "I hope you'll take him into consideration"

She handed me a packed sandwich and bottled water. I haven't had a lunch like this for so long. I shook my head to shake away the tears forming on my face.

"Thank you, Mrs. Smith. I'll get going. Thank you again for taking care of me" I said in a grateful tone as I exited the house.

Kai and Nya are very lucky to have a mother as kind as her. I stopped when I saw Kai on his bike.

"Are you ready?" he asked as he held out his hand for me to take.

I blushed a bit as I took his hand. He pulled me onto his bike and began to drive to school! He was very fast! I wrapped my arms around his waist and held on. I didn't feel scared though. I felt safe. Why?

(Nya's POV)

Tikki and I were sitting in the bathroom. I excused myself from the class to have a private conversation with her about yesterday. It is not right to lie to your partner about important information.

"So, do you know about my home?" she asked as she sat in my hands.

"Sort of. Your home is where my family and I used to live except I didn't know Skylor is related to Chen" I told her worriedly.

"Just take your time, Nya. I will listen to you when you're ready" Tikki reassured me.

"Sigh. Ok. My parents worked for Skylor's parents. They helped her parents become the chiefs. However, Skylor's father was corrupt. He killed a lot of people to be wealthy. He killed his own wife and kidnapped children. Kai and I were friends with those kids. Those kids are dangerous though. They are very powerful and carried out dangerous missions. Chen wanted Kai and me to train under him. Once our parents found out, they decided to move us away from him" I explained hesitantly.

Tikki flew to my cheek and hugged it tightly.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know about this... That's awful" she said in a shaky voice, "I won't let him hurt you like that. I will be here for you"