Chapter 5: Do You Believe in Destiny?

(After school and Matt's POV)

           Today's the day when my Pidgey proves to everyone how smart he is! I can't wait! I was bursting with excitement as I sat with Cole, Shiro, and Seliel. We sat in the library as we waited for everyone else to arrive!

"Matt, calm down. Pidge is going to be fine." Shiro reassured me as he rubbed my shoulder.

"I know, but I just can't wait! Morro was even going to record this for me!" I shouted excitedly.

Cole whispered to Seliel with a smirk on his face "I wonder if he realizes how much Morro cares for Pidge?"

She laughed as I rolled my eyes. Soon, more and more of our classmates entered the library. I sat at the back of the library with my pals as Keith, Acxa, and Kai sat at the table to the left of us. Zane and Pixal held pencils and notebooks as they sat near the board. Man, those two are meant for each other. Who takes notes at an astronomy event? Romelle and Harumi entered the room, too. Not going to lie, I did not expect to see them here. If anything, I was expecting Allura. I wonder how Pidgey's doing.

(Pidge's POV)

I went over my notecards for the millionth time, pacing around the chem lab as Nya checked the time and Hunk fed me creampuffs. I was feeling good about this! I heard Morro's recording me, I have no idea why, though. I have a weird gut feeling that Matt asked him to...

"Pidge, it's almost time. Are you ready?" Nya asked me with a smile.

"Of course. I've got this." I answered nonchalantly as I handed her the cards.

I was so ready for this.

"Pidge! Pidge! Pidge's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!" Hunk chanted.

Oh, yeah! I've got this! I wonder who my opponent is?

(Jay's POV)

I can't believe I'm doing this. Plagg sat on my shoulder eating a cream puff. I went over these astronomy notecards Lance handed me. I don't understand why Lance made me do this. I know astronomy, but he knows I prefer physics over this!

"If you don't like this, then why are you doing this?" Plagg asked, confused and annoyed.

"Lance told me to help him out with his astronomy test. After all, I know most of this stuff already, but I wish he would have talked to Pidge about this. He's, like, an expert on this" I answered him.

I was almost done reviewing all of these notes before Lance opened the doors. Plagg hid in my hood as I nearly jumped out of my seat.

"Lance?! Why did you do that?!" I asked him with an annoyed tone.

"Come on! We gotta go!" Lance shouted as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me along.

Where am I going? At that moment, Pidge, Nya, Morro, and Hunk entered the library. Everyone was clapping. Lance pulled me to a board and took the notecards away while Pidge stood by his own board. I then realized I was in a competition in astronomy against Pidge! I get very nervous under pressure! Nya and Hunk were sitting by Pidge while Lance was sitting near me. What did he drag me into?! Allura walked in with a clipboard and notebook. She walked up to a podium and waved at Lance. Wow, Lance is actually getting her attention. Allura began the competition.

Alright, Jay. Let's see what we can do.

(Still Jay's POV)

"Alright! We're tied up and on the last question! Whoever answer this last question will be the winner!" Allura proclaimed after about an hour of questioning.