Chapter 1: Destiny

As the world evolved, there were many objects in the universe that changed the course of history. A ladybug that gives good luck and creates hope for others, a black cat that brings destruction and misfortune upon others, a turtle with an indestructible shield to protect their allies, a bee that traps their enemies in honey, a fox that creates illusions to confuse their foes, a butterfly that grants people power, and a peacock that fights their opponents. Each Miraculous grants people the strength they need to protect whatever or whoever was important to them. However, the Miraculous were kept in a box and only given to those who could be trusted to do good. Unfortunately, one Miraculous was stolen to do harm to others and became corrupted with a hint of dark magic. An old man decided to fix this disaster before the damage could happen. In order to do this, he went to Acorn City.

(Jay's POV)

My alarm went off loudly! I groaned as I slammed my fist down on the alarm clock. Yay, the first day of junior year. Not looking forward to it...

"Jay! Breakfast is ready!" my mother shouted.

I groaned louder. I didn't want to go to school. Not now! Why?! I sighed as I finally stood up to get ready for the day. I chose a white shirt with a blue hood jacket, a pair of jeans, and white sneakers. I quietly ate my cereal then exited the junkyard. The school wasn't too far from my place, though I'm a bit afraid of people finding out I live in a junkyard. Ah, there it was: Arus High School. It wasn't too small or big. It was just right.

"Hey! Jay!" a tall, dark-skinned teenager around my age shouted excitedly.

I smiled as I ran towards him. We high-fived and fist-bumped in delight.

"How've you been Lance?" I asked with a smile.

"Good! My siblings kept me home a bit, but nothing Lancey Lance can't handle." Lance smirked proudly.

I wonder what it's like to have older siblings. Lance boasted about his achievements from over the summer. However, my attention was elsewhere. I saw Nya and Kai drive into the parking lot on their personal motorcycles. Ah, Nya. She's so amazing! Her black hair flowed out of her helmet. Her long ponytail bounced a bit in the air. She smiled at her brother as he ran into the school building. She had black leather pants with a matching black jacket over her light blue shirt. Her shoes were just simple sneakers. She waved at someone and walked into the building.

Lance chuckled suggestively, "Haha! Still got a crush on her?"

I blushed and shouted in response, "Shut up!"

Lance just laughed as I sank deeper into my shell. This day was going to be very long.

(Nya's POV)

I walked into school calmly while my brother ran to his friend, Keith. I couldn't believe how close those two have gotten since we arrived here last year. I wasn't sure if I could make friends easily, but then again, Kai and Keith are very... Unique friends. I went to my locker to deposit some of my notebooks and couldn't help but notice my neighbor. He had shoulder-length brown hair and very large glasses covering his hazelnut eyes. He wore a simple yellow shirt with white shorts to compliment it. On his back was a white and black backpack.

He noticed my gaze, looked down into his locker, and adjusted his glasses, "Uh, hi. Can I... Help you?"

I studied his face, a realization clicked in my head, and I smiled, "I'm Nya. I'm new around here. What's your name?"

"Well, my brother calls me Pidge," he responded as he looked me up and down, clearly a bit hesitant to meet me.

I nodded in mutual understanding and he extended his hand out towards me, smiling. I smiled as we shook hands. I didn't expect to make a friend so soon. We walked into the classroom as we heard someone shouting.