Chapter 8: A Curse of Wisdom

(Pidge's POV)

             After Hunk's recent attack, I decided to today is the day I was going to learn more about the Miraculous. I sat with Nya and Cole at lunch to discuss the matter. 

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Cole asked as he took a bite from his hamburger, "Morro doesn't even know much about it. How are you going to find anything out?"

"There is a place called a library. I'll just do my research there" I explained to him.

"Just be safe when you research this. Who knows what kind of dark secrets you will find" Nya pointed out.

She was right about that. Something was up with the Miraculous. It keeps bothering me that I do not know anything about it. The bell rang, so we packed up our things. I was going to meet Matt outside of the school. Cole had dance practice while Nya was fixing up her bike with her dad's help. As we exited the school, I saw Matt standing by the entrance looking up something on his phone. Our classmates were running out of the school excitedly on a Friday. Shiro eagerly ran past us and went to my brother. Shiro was oddly very happy. I wonder what's up.

(Shiro's POV)

I am so happy right now. Adam is coming to visit me for the weekend. I have to tell Matt about this.

I wrapped my arm around Matt's shoulder as he asked with a chuckle, "What's gotten you in a good mood?"

"He's coming" I told him as I showed him a photo of Adam and I on my phone.

Matt was the only person who I told about Adam, and my relationship with him. Matt didn't care and told me this doesn't change our friendship. He was understanding like that.

"No way! Can I come over to say hi? I can be the wing man" Matt winked.

The both of us laugh as Matt hit my prosthetic arm on accident as I dropped my phone. He knocked my prosthetic arm off my shoulder, but its' ok. Most of the students knew I lost my arm in an accident, so I simply picked it up and placed it back on my shoulder.

"Sorry about that" Matt said as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it. Thanks to your dad, it doesn't matter how many times it gets knocked out, it can get back up" I reassured him.

However, someone else picked up my phone. It was Harumi. Ok, I have to play it cool. I just can't give away my relationship with Adam.

"Oh, thank you Harumi" I said as I extended my hand out to receive my phone.

"You're gay?" she asked with a smirk.

I froze a bit as Matt rushed in front of me and took my phone back.

"No, he's not. Shiro's friend is coming over for a visit" Matt defended.

Take a breath in Shiro. She's a little younger than you and isn't properly exposed to the world yet.

"He's right. That's Adam you saw in the photo. He comes by to hang out with Matt and me" I backed up as I took my phone back.

"Really? You two seemed awfully close. I don't suppose that matters though. After all, who could fall in love with someone who is a foreigner and disabled?" she added.

My eyes were wide with shock. There was no way a person could be this rude to others without a good reason. I heard Pidge gasp and someone, who I presume is Cole, holding Matt back. I looked around and noticed some of our classmates were starting at me.

"I don't know either Harumi, but one day, I might find the perfect partner for me. Just like how Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir have each other" I stated calmly.