Chapter 3: The question unanswered

(( Clementine's POV))

That night was cold, but at least Luke and I had a fire going to keep us warm. We sat on the couch wrapped ourselves in an old quilt. I starred into the fire, remembering the last time I had seen Kenny. I knew I was going to find him again, and Junior.Yet, lately then I'd been having little faith in finding them, I dont really know why, but I felt as if Kenny (if hes alive) had already moved on.

I imagined Kenny trying to find us, the day the gun-men kidnapped Luke and I, and how confused and scared Kenny must have been. I bet he thought that me and Luke left him, thats the last thing I would do.

Then I felt Luke place his head on my shoulder, he gave out a weak cough. I smiled gently, "Getting sleepy?" I whispered into his ear. He coughed again.

"I ain't feelin' to well, Clem." He sighed. I placed my hand on his forehead, and sure enough,  Luke had come down with a fever, a high one too.

"Oh no, you're sick." I gasped.

He coughed again, "I'll be fine...," He wiped the sweat off his head "Just gotta sleep it off."

I layed Luke's head down on a pillow, "Thanks." He smiled.

"I'll go get you some soup." I said lifting myself off the couch. I entered the kitchen, it was dark and cold, and I had the most disturbed feeling. Like someone, or something was watching me, but I decided to shake that feeling off.

I got out a metal bowl from inside one of the wooden cabinets and poured in some cold mushroom soup. I entered back inside the living room and set the bowl of soup over the fire. The embers crackling and snapping and flying into the air, one landed on my leg and I quickly wiped it off. Soon, the soup was warmed up quite enough, so I got out a spoon and handed Luke the bowl.

"Thanks, Clem." He spooned a spoon full of soup into his mouth. I watched him eat, not really having anything else better to do. He caught me starring,  "Somthin' on your mind?" He asked.

I looked down, and nodded. "Back at Rick's..." I say.

Luke stops eating, and looks at me sympatheticly, "Go on."

I take a deeo breath, and tell him, "Back at Ricks... when you were beaten, and we were alone in the dungeon, we kissed." I paused, "D-did, you... did you kiss me because... you, love me?"

Luke's eyes were wide, I guess he didn't really want to answer. He opened his mouth as if to say somthing,  but I cut him off, "You don't have to answer, it was just a stupid question. " embarrassed,  I trudged myself upstairs in regret of asking Luke such a ridiculous question. Luke dosnt love me, I don't think he ever will...