Chapter 5 : Original Relationships

Caroline's POV-

After hours of shopping and bonding with Rebekah which was actually great, also don't get me wrong I love shopping but it sucks when Katherine, Rebekah and Bonnie all found the perfect dresses for them and not one for me.

We decide to go back tomorrow morning, to get accessories for them and continue looking for a dress for me before the Ball.

When we vamp to the house I get there after the girls and I am extremely out of breath I feel like I might faint. They finally notice my condition once we are inside and I see the worry grow on their faces. Then I hear....

"NIK, GET YOUR BLOODY ASS DOWN HERE!!" Rebekah yells so damn loud.

I lean against the wall for support, feeling my knees growing weak. I close my eyes for a second then I feel someone flash in front of me and scoop me up in their arms, I can tell it's Klaus because of his touch and his alluring scent. I weakly put my arms around his neck then I feel him flash us upstairs probably to his room.

Then he sits down in one of the chairs in his bedroom with me on his lap.

"Love, please tell me what's wrong?" He asks softly, I can hear the despair in his voice though he tries to hide it.

I move to hug him still on his lap trying to comfort him. "As a side affect to being pregnant I throw up blood like it's sour or wrong but not human food." I explain in a weak voice against his neck.

I lean against Klaus feeling tired he shifts and suddenly I'm faced with the tantalizing smell of his scent and his blood, his neck is so close I can almost taste it.

"Caroline..." I hear Klaus groan, and I realize I've been unconsciously nuzzling his neck. I stop and hear his voice purr in my ear "have at it love."

I sniff gently and my stomach purrs with hunger I gently lick and kiss his neck feeling him before burying my fangs deep into his vein. His blood is euphoric and it tastes powerful, I bring myself closer wrapping my hands around the back of his head and digging them deep into his hair. He brings his arms up to wrap around me and I straddle him almost on instinct, it feel feral like I have to stay here, like drinking from him is the only thing that keeps me going; it's something I could quickly become addicted to. Klaus's arms around my waist seem to anchor me, the heat of his body makes me feel safe and loved and I crave it. After awhile I start to slow down drawing the blood slowly and retracting my fangs licking the wounds as they heal making sure to waste none.

When I sit back Klaus is looking at me full hybrid face out, and I stare back slowly coming down and at the same time I feel a weirdly content feeling wash over me, Klaus seemed to regain control of himself and sat there with a look like he was expecting me to say something so I did.

"Why does this happen to me? The only blood I find pleasurable is yours, ugh!!!" I groan then I realize what I said and look up to find his face covered with the smuggest grin ever. "This is not funny Klaus how am I supposed to live only feeding from you." I argue.

"Simple love, you will just eat human food and feed from me to satisfy your cravings." He says as though it's nothing. I don't see a point in arguing, I need to put my baby first above my own discomfort.

"Fine." I say. Not expecting that answer he stays silent and so do I after awhile he breaks the silence.

"Did you find a dress sweetheart?" He asks with curiosity in his voice.

"No. There weren't any that I loved and I'm upset because the girls found the perfect dresses for them and not one that I even liked." I say in frustration.