Chapter 9 : Wolfy?

Caroline's POV-

I wake up to a gentle nuzzling on my stomach, I reach out to cuddle into the warmth when suddenly I hear a soft  growl.

My eyes pop open to see a GIANT wolf next to me!!!!

(Above her waist when on all fours and is 6 feet long)

I want to run away and I should but I just can't. Oddly I don't feel fear, I actually feel safe for some reason.

I slowly reach out my hand and tentatively start to pet its surprisingly letting me and even leaning into my touch. I move closer to it and put my face in its fur, then I inhale its scent and now it all clicks.

I pull back to face him and ask.. "Klaus?" I whisper confused.

He responds by a simple nod. I stand up from the bed and see him following me which I expected, I pull on one of his shirts over my thin top cause we have to find out why he shifted and why he's so calm.

If a wolf could grin that's what Klaus is doing right now and nodding his head approving of me in his clothes.

"Shut up and let's go find out why you shifted?" I say and then walk out of our room with him hot on my trail, I vamp to the kitchen, he does to and I hide him behind the island.

Everyone is in the living room relaxing, well that's about to end.

"Um guys we have a problem!" I shout for no reason it's just how it slipped out.

They all basically speed over to me with worry on their faces and then Stefan approaches me.

"Care what's wrong?" Stefan asks putting his hand on my shoulder for support I suppose but then we all jump at an earthquake of a growl.

Klaus!!!

"What the bloody hell?!" Kol yells, they are all alert and ready to attack.

"That's just sad...." I drag out.

"What?" Kol asks and they all look so confused.

"You don't even recognize your own brother's growl." I say shaking my head at them. They all look less confused but are probably wondering why Klaus growled.

"Where is Niklaus?" Elijah asks me.

I down to Klaus as he circles in front of me, he looks like he's protecting me from his own family, weird.

They all take a step back like their scared of him, I don't understand why so I ask.

"Why do you guys look so afraid of him?" I ask as I take a seat next to him on the floor and start to pet his head.

His siblings look like I just popped out a baby already and my friends relax knowing now that he isn't going to attack. Klaus seems to relax as well he lays down next to me, I prop myself on him facing everyone to talk with them.

"Why do you all look so shocked?" I ask to the Originals.

"Nik is always a savage uncontrollable and unpredictable killer in wolf form." Kol explains.

"So you can manage our surprise that he is so calm and peaceful at the moment." Rebekah says eyeing both of us. Me and Klaus.

"I want answers on that and how he shifted without wanting to, cause I just woke up and he's a wolf. Also what the hell you guys are doing in New Orleans and who is Marcel?" I state and ask seriously because I want my answers. Klaus growls at me mentioning Marcel.

"Calm down Niklaus, shall we head to the sitting room it might take a minute to fully explain the situation." Elijah states as he leads us to the living room, I guess.

As soon as I stand up and follow the rest of the group, Klaus is by my side to protect me I suppose.

I push to coffee table some, to make room in front of the fireplace and prop myself up against Klaus facing everyone sitting in front of us while petting him waiting for one of his siblings to start explaining

———An hour or so later———

Woah. Between the witches and Marcel as a constant and current threat I wonder, What other enemies could come after our baby to get back at Klaus?

As if Klaus reads my thoughts he lightly growls and curls his tail around me while nuzzling his face into my stomach making a lot of the worry and concerns leave my body, I feel suddenly relaxed.

I look up to see everyone watching our interaction in a questioning manner.

"Soooo.......now that you guys explained all that...Care to explain why he's a wolf?" I ask his family, thinking they might have some really old book on werewolves.

They look at each other before looking back to me. "Unfortunately Care, Nik is the only who might have knowledge or books about werewolves." Rebekah says.

I turn my head to look at Klaus as he stands on all fours and nudges me to follow him, I comply and do as he wants. I follow him to our room with the gang behind us probably wanting to see what he is going to lead me to.