Chapter 86

“We’re finally back to our usual setup,” Barbara said with resignation.

“That’s too bad, we never found out how the punishment ended,” Lotte said with a suggestive look. She had left her luggage on the red team’s room, but she was more than likely going to sleep with Barbara. Barbara stopped taking out of her bag the things she needed to put in the laundry – thanks to Lotte and the privacy of their room, the amount had basically doubled – and turned to face her. “Hannah was still in her hotel room when we left, and I doubt Diana will come back anytime soon…” she raised an eyebrow. While normally a meek and soft-spoken girl, when they were alone Lotte truly… unleashed.

Barbara smiled and took a step towards her. “So, the little cub hasn’t gotten enough…” Barbara used her soft, smooth voice, meant to imitate Edgar’s. She took Lotte into her arms, leaning. She pressed her lips together, and Lotte instantly opened her mouth.

Barbara was just starting to use her tongue when suddenly the door to the room opened. This was a bigger room, where the door wasn’t in direct line of sight with the interior, but in a corner. Hannah entered, and Barbara saw her troubled face. Not this again, she thought with resignation.

Hannah didn’t even seem to notice that Lotte and her best friend were all over each other as she huffed in annoyance. “So, I tell Amanda I want to talk with her, and then she just… walks away and doesn’t let me because she has something more important to do! I’ve been waiting for two hours already!”

Barbara sighed. She kissed Lotte’s forehead before walking away and taking Hannah’s shoulder. “Please sit, your pacing makes me nervous,” she said. Hannah did as told. “What’s the problem now?”

“If she likes me,” Hannah said, “shouldn’t I be her first priority?”

“So you’re jealous,” Barbara said, “and you want to rant about it with us.” She wasn’t teasing Hannah, just stating the facts.

“I’m not jealous! Just… Ugh,” Hannah crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks.

Why can’t she just admit it? Barbara thought with frustration. If she’d known her friend was a tsundere… No, she’d always known she had the potential, but she’d always figured out she’d fall for a boy and would give in without this much trouble.

“Ok, look,” Barbara put her arm around Hannah’s shoulders. “Amanda likes you, but her life doesn’t revolve around you, understand? Just because someone finds you important doesn’t mean you’ll always be their first priority. Do you know what she’s doing?”

“She just said she was in a hurry, then she promised she’d do whatever I want and ran off,” Hannah said.

Lotte suddenly stepped forward, eyes sparkling. “Oh god, whatever you want?” She said with excitement. “That has so much potential!” she exclaimed. Well, she herself had written a fanfic with a similar premise, though Barbara doubted this situation would end up as sexual as it had there.

Hannah looked at Lotte with some disgust. “What do you mean?”

Barbara shook her head. “It’s nothing,” she said. If Lotte explained what she meant Hannah would probably just get up and leave the room. “But if you don’t know what she’s doing, then what is the problem? As far as you know she’s preparing a birthday party for you.”