Prologue

"Jiminieeeee!" Jungkook hugged Jimin, a few inches taller than him with red eyes and black hair, inhaling the scent of roses.

"Jungkookieeeeee." Jimin hugged back, putting his chin on top of Jungkook.

"Can we go go play at the park?" Jungkook asked, clapping his hands together excitedly.

"Yeah! Eomma, can we go to the park?" Jimin asked, his eyes shining and showing his white teeth.

"Of course. I assume Jimin here will protect Jungkook?" Jimin's mom smiled, her eyes turning into crescents, just like Jimin's.

"Yeah!" Jimin nodded before skipping off with Jungkook in tow to the park across the house.

The two played happily, running around and hiding from the other. Jungkook suddenly tripped, causing a scratch on his knee and tears to form at the corners of his eyes.

Jimin rushed to him, cradling the younger's head in his hands.

"Shh. Here Jungkookie, drink this, it'll make the pain go away." Jimin bit into his wrist and pushed it up against Jungkook's lips.

Jungkook obediently sucked, earning a hiss from Jimin but continued at Jimin's bidding.

"See? All healed. If you ever get hurt again, just think of me, and I'll know immediately. From now on, I'll protect you! Forever and ever! I'll always be by your side through thick and thin!" Jimin declared, both  laughing but taking it seriously in their hearts. 

——————————

Hint for next chapter: 

Paper Hearts by Tori Kelly 

A/n: love Jungkook's cover for it, the lyrics are also very meaningful. Both Jimin and Jungkook like it in real life. I like it too! Listen to it reading the next chap!

Jikookstars