ten.

***

"Is there anything this kid loves to do? Anything? Anything at all that could possibly give us an idea on where to find her? Jesus, it's already past noon and before we know it, we'll be trapped in this huge garden of evil and whores forever."

Youngjae's frustration quadrupled after Jackson and Tina came back empty-handed. Jaebeom, on the other hand, sat in silence, thinking deeply about something. Or someone. No one can ever really know.

Tina trembled in her seat, knowing that Eunji might be in danger if they don't find her first. She knew very well that she could be dead by dawn, but Eunji mattered to her more than worrying about her own life. Eunji was birthed by a woman, yes, but she was truly loved by a mother. And that was Tina.

Racking her brain for answers, Tina caught on rather late after remembering the last words Youngjae said.

"...garden of evil and whores..."

"I think I know where she is! Quick! Make a right once you see a yellow post with flowers!"

The group looked at each other for a moment before actually doing what they were told.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? STEP ON THE FUCKING GAS! CAN'T WASTE A DAMN SECOND OR WE'LL ALL DIE– THAT KID WILL DIE!" Jackson was a completely different person when pissed. There was good in it, but also bad.

"OKAY, OKAY, I'M STEPPING ON IT–" Youngjae drove as fast as he could, and in record time, they got to the yellow post.

Yellow Garden.

"An abandoned garden? What, like– is this a joke or something? Or does this kid work here? Play here?" Mark wanted to know why a seven year old kid would be at an abandoned garden all by herself.

"She takes her afternoon naps here at times. The door, please let me out," Tina kept her calm, with great understanding that if Eunji sees her all uptight and panicky, the child would sense fear. And they didn't want that. She didn't want that.

"Afternoon n-naps, for fuck's sakes," Youngjae clicked a button by his window and watched Tina bolt out of the car and into the garden right before their eyes. "I could use one right now."

"Trust her," Jaebeom spoke, moving towards the front and into the passenger seat next to Youngjae to keep him company. "She loves the kid. It's pretty obvious. And if you guys can't tell by now, there is nothing more dangerous and more powerful in this world than that thing you call love."

Not too long after, Tina came back with a tiny figure hiding behind her waist.

"Well, that didn't take too long, did it," Jaebeom was pleased to know that Tina delivered.

Eunji was smaller than kids her age, but she was quite plump which made her even more adorable.

"H-hi," the kid whispered. Jackson was so close to losing his marbles over the cuteness he couldn't deal with. "My name is Eunji. I'm seven."

She wore a baby blue dress with yellow flowers at the bottom, pigtails and yellow sneakers. Her cheeks were the perfect shade of pink, and her lashes were long and beautiful. A beautiful little girl, she was. And it was strange how a sweet child like her came from a woman like Ruth.

"Do you want to be friends?" She asked.

And just like that, all four murderers were gushing over how precious the little girl was.

"Go on, sit next to Jackson-oppa. Go, he's nice," Tina lifted the little girl onto the car's side step and hopped in right after. "They're our friends."