nine.

***

Eyes wide open after continuously blinking from the sweet, yet blinding greeting of the morning sun peeking through the massive window by the corner of the master's suite, the woman tucked under the warm and cozy covers of Jaebeom Lim's bed sat herself up, and ran out of the door to God knows where.

Oh my God.

Where the hell am I?

Whose room was I in?

Whose bed was I on?

That.. that bed, smells familiar.

"Ahh, look. Our pretty girl's awake."

What?

To say that

"Excuse me.. but, who are you? And, why am I here? What did you do to me? Whose bed was I in, and whose fucking house is this?"

Jinyoung chuckled, knowing that the woman his best friend would be marrying might just be the perfect match to slay his demons.

"Hmm.. you've been knocked out for a while, so I don't expect you to know your exact whereabouts but a small 'thank you' would be good, too."

The three god-like men sat comfortably at the dining table, stuffing their mouths with the best breakfast spread they've had in months after finally finding a suitable chef to work at Casa Lim, and exchanging looks with one another after witnessing the bride's sudden loss of temper.

Whatever it was she was feeling, really.

Liv stood still, taking her time remembering every detail she could remember of their faces– how brave they looked, how puffy their faces were in the morning, how the tiny specs of sparkle from the crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling hit their beautiful faces– she took it all in, falling in love with every piece of the calm, while taming her raging storm.

"Are you going to kill me," she asked, seemingly unbothered about her possible death for a millisecond. "A-are you?"

The ahjumma Mrs. Lim hired to be her son's chef and housekeeper nearly chopped her finger off upon hearing the poor girl's voice, crack. She was instructed to never ask questions as the consequences might be severe, and so she did as told. A mother herself, she feared for the girl's life, but trusted Mrs. Lim like an old friend that she would spare her from the gruesome details about her son and husband's chosen career.

Feeling as though the tension in the air was just about to thicken even more than it already was, Bambam kicked Yugyeom's leg under the table to push him to speak.

"We're not killers, Noona," Yugyeom spoke, chewing his food lazily. "I mean– we are, but we're not killing you. We kill for you.. if that makes sense. I'm Yugyeom, by the way. He's Bambam, and he's our Jinyoung-hyung. Others should be back tonight."

With distraught still plastered all over her face, Liv slowly took more steps closer to the table. Four feet away, not too close, not too far.

"Others?" she asked. She was still fully clothed, sporting an oversized shirt that seemed to have been stretched a little too much on the shoulders, and pyjama pants that would have been a perfect fit if it wasn't too long on her.

And then it occurred to her.

Where did Yoongi take us?

"How's Jaebeom's place for you, sweet girl? Like your new home so far? Morning, boys."

"Morning, hyung!"

"Come sit with us, hyung!"

Jaebeom?