|04| Chapter Four

The mind is only an extension of your body. It can become injured just like your body. The mind needs exercise and training just like the body does. I have always been good at thinking outside the box because of word searches and crosswords. 

Oh, and Sudoku is a big help. These things were always a big help to my power. Well when I wanted to get better with this power. I never want to get better with that power. Okay, okay. I'm getting ahead of myself. 

Back to the story, the walk home from Zane's place was quiet and very tame considering it was the busiest city in-.

"Where is Gothel?" On second thought, maybe not so much.

I turned towards the voice to see a for real cyborg. This isn't time for me to be hunted down by the Terminator. Wait. Is the Terminator the good guy or bad guy? I've actually never seen it. Oh, never mind brain.

Just think about the shit storm that would go down soon. Think about the cyborg that's after mom.

"What's wrong, [Y/N]?" I looked over to see Minnie beside me.

"There's a cyborg in front of us." I told her bluntly.

"You can defeat him, [Y/N]! I know you can!" She cheered.

I forgot how optimistic my mind ghost is. Who would have known my best friend that is just a projection of my thoughts would be so upbeat when I'm down? I guess it was supposed to be a self-esteem booster. And it wasn't working.

"I can't defeat a cyborg, Minnie! I only have telepathy!" I reminded her.

"Hmm. I thought you've been practicing with your projectiles. If I'm not mistaken, you're working on telekinetic combat." She said putting a finger on her chin.

"But I'm a little rusty!" I retorted.

"Who the hell are you talking to?" Cyborg pointed a blaster at me. "Tell me where Mother Gothel is."

"I don't know! I have no idea who that is!" I exclaimed.

"Liar!" A beam of energy came at me.

And as it came towards me, I stopped in my tracks and brought my arms to my face. I didn't know when I reacted, but I dodged it. Or he just missed me. He probably missed me. I looked up to see the Fire Ninja in front of me. 

He saved me. The Fire Ninja just saved my life. He turned towards me, and I saw sparkling brown eyes.

"Are you okay, miss?" He asked me.

Uh... what was I supposed to say in a situation like this? I was attacked. By a cyborg. That wanted my mom. Why did the cyborg want my mom?

"It's okay. I trust the Fire Ninja. You should too." Minnie told me.

I was the only one that could see her. Why was I the only one that could see her? I guess I wasn't as strong with my powers as I thought.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm okay." I told him.

"Can you get home alright?" He asked.

I just want her to be safe.
She is a telepath after all.

Everyone only saw me as a Telepath. Never as someone or something else. I was revolting. I was nothing but a telepathic freak. That must not have been why he thought that, but he did. Wait a minute. 

Why was I able to hear his thoughts? Where's my hat?