ㅤ𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾.

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑼 𝑵 𝑵 𝑰 𝑵 𝑮  𝑰 𝑵  𝑭 𝑬 𝑨 𝑹
❝ 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞? ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏, the Winter Soldier was assigned to kill Howard and Maria Stark. He was quick to finish; he never fails a mission. He turned towards the security camera that recorded the whole ordeal and shot it, ensuring that no one would ever see that footage again. As he was about to leave, he heard footsteps.

He clenched his jaw, gripping his gun tight, before turning towards the source. Standing under a streetlight was a man, a little taller than him, wearing a tailored suit that fit his lean stature.

The Winter Soldier felt a shiver go down his spine as he gazed as the stranger's dark eyes. He didn't know whether it was because of fear or something else, but the man set off his alarms. He pushed down his unexpected panic, before he raised his arm holding the gun and pulled the trigger.

The man before him smirked dangerously, remaining somewhat stoic. He didn't flinch at all at the sound of the firing towards him. What caught the Soldier off guard was the man raising his hand at him, revealing that he had caught the bullet.

"You're not as sneaky as you think, sergeant," the stranger spoke, his deep voice alluring and somewhat hypnotizing to the point that the assassin felt hair at the back of his neck stand up. Then, the stranger threw the bullet back at him, which he caught. "Keep it, and think of me when you look at it."

"Who are you?" He asked, not really knowing what else to ask. This man–this stranger–is making his brain all haywire. He still had his gun pointed him.

The stranger only smirked wider. "You'll know soon enough. For now..." the man eyed the dead bodies, his eyes turning pitch black for a moment before turning back. "I'll let you finish your mission." Then he disappeared.

Rapidly blinking, the soldier could faintly hear his superiors talking to him through his earpiece, asking what's taking him so long to respond to them. He lowered his gun, eyes set on the spot where a man appeared and disappeared right before his eyes. He shook his head as he tried to clear his thoughts of what had just occurred.

He pressed into his earpiece and told HYDRA that his mission had been successful, not telling them of the mysterious man that had caught him off guard. He doesn't understand why he didn't want to tell his superiors about him, but something in him made him think that it wouldn't be wise.

Without looking back at his latest victims, he began walking away, but not before looking back down at the bullet that the man had thrown back at him. He stared at it for a moment as he walked, before putting the bullet into one of his pockets.