𝐯𝐢𝐢. more winter soldiers

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑼 𝑵 𝑵 𝑰 𝑵 𝑮  𝑰 𝑵  𝑭 𝑬 𝑨 𝑹
❝ 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚊𝚢 ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐁𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 the weapons drawer and quickly pulled one out as he geared for what's about to come. His heart was heavy, and his shoulders felt as if it weighed a ton. His mind was filled with negative thoughts, and he felt as if he wouldn't survive this. He watched as the hatch of the jet opened up, Steve standing right beside him.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve suddenly spoke up, causing Bucky to look at him.

Images of the memory flitted into Bucky's mind, the nostalgic feeling slightly easing his internal panic. "Was that the time you used our train money to buy us hotdogs?" A smile slowly crept to his face, a breathy chuckle coming out from his lips.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead," Steve teased, a smile also on his face.

Bucky looked down smiling, the memory of it all suddenly so clear. "What was her name again?"

"Dolores, you called her Dot," Steve answered.

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now."

"So are we, pal." Steve patted his best friend's back, happiness filling him. He felt like he was finally getting him back. But then the mood turned somber again as they both realized what was ahead.