𝐢𝐢𝐢. a grounded god

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑼 𝑵 𝑵 𝑰 𝑵 𝑮   𝑰 𝑵  𝑭 𝑬 𝑨 𝑹
❝ 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋, Phobos was reprimanded. He was forbidden to go back to the mortal world by Zeus. His mother and twin tried to get him out of his room, but he wouldn't budge. He stayed there, for years. He remained somewhat stoic, and barely even acknowledged anyone other than Aphrodite and Deimos. They were all he needed at this point.

Aphrodite was heartbroken the moment she learned of Phobos' situation. She tried, in front of the whole council, to defend her son and that it was his love for the soldier that made him react like that.

But Zeus wouldn't budge, and neither did anyone else, even Ares, who learned long ago not to let emotions cloud his judgment. He voiced that it's better for Phobos to learn his mistake. In shorter terms, the God of Fear was grounded.

For five years, Bucky waited. He waited, constantly gripping tight onto the bullet that made him human. He'd keep it in his person at all times, placing it in his pocket. Every mission, he'd look over his shoulder, expecting the mystery man to appear and tell him how proud he was. But he never came.