Audition

Tommy Joe Ratliff was a natural born bass player. Anyone with his skill would have shown it off. But not Tommy. He had a lot of anxiety and didn't want to mess up and have everyone laugh at him. But today he was going to get over that fear. He was about to audition to be Adam Lambert's bass player. Yeah, you heard that right. The Adam Lambert. Tommy woke up with so much stress on him, he felt like he was going to pass out. He took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. He took the bass out of the case and plucked the strings a few times. He wiped the sweat off of his forehead. He went into the bathroom where he grabbed the bottle of medicine. He dumped at least 10 pills into his hand. He sighed. "I know it's not healthy... But this anxiety is going to kill me."

He grabbed his bass and walked outside. The streets were busy as usual, so carrying around a bass in the crowded streets was not easy. Finally, he arrived at the audition. He sighed and walked in. There were around 10 people sitting in the audience, waiting their turn. He sat down and watched the others perform. He looked up near the front rows and saw the familiar face. His heart speed quickened. Shit, that's Adam! He covered his mouth in an attempt to stop himself from screaming. He found himself rocking back and forth in his seat. Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by Adam's voice.

"Next up. Tommy Ratliff." He called. Tommy jumped. He stood up, taking the bass out of its case. He went up on the stage. He quickly tuned his bass and started playing. His heart was racing and his breathing was unsteady. His hands stopped working and his bass slipped from his hands. He began to cry as he ran off stage. I fucking screwed up! Good job Tommy! I sigh. I grab my case quickly, pack up, and leave.

*attempt suicide*

When he gets home, he throws his case on the ground and walks into the bathroom. He looks at the mirror before punching it. The glass shatters and Tommy picks a shard up. He brings the shard to his skin and drags it across his skin, making cuts. Once he was finished, there were multiple large cuts on both arms. He wrapped them up and fell asleep.

I and my girlfriend Darky are working on this story.

So stay awhile and see as this relationship works out!

-Nova 💑