The Beginning

Long ago, four dragons of the elements Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth traveled far and wide in search of a new home. A place to raise their young without disturbance, to bring back their near-extinct species. After decades of searching, seeing many possible spots but being driven out again and again, they found an island, which to them, was heaven.

This island had a volcano, perfect conditions for the Fire Dragons; a high mountainous region with high winds for the Wind Dragons; a lush forest and valley for the Earth Dragons; and crystal clear water surround the island for the Water Dragons. After looking over the island, the four Dragons decided this was the place for them and their unborn whelps.

Finally, the Dragons parted ways and went to their respective territories to lay their eggs. When the conditions were right, the eggs hatched. The Dragons raised their young and taught them their ways. When the whelps became fledglings, they were taken to a clearing that bordered all their territories, and place they deemed neutral. They all agreed that Dragons of other territories were able to visit and tread on another Dragon's territory but live respectively in their own territories. And should something threaten any of them, they were all threatened and should unite to eliminate the threat.

~3 Centuries later~

The last of the Original Dragons had died and the time for the New Generation had come and the responsibility of helping the Dragon race survive now laid on their shoulders. For centuries, they lived unchallenged on their island and lived in peace with each other. But on the dawn of the new generation came an old enemy which reared its ugly head.

The Water Dragons are first to sense this threat. Seeing many ships on the horizon heading for the island, two dragons leaped from the waters and went to warn the other Dragons of the oncoming threat. When the ships reached the shores, many armored humans came from the boats. When the other Dragons were warned, humans had already set up camps on the beach, possibly unaware of the inhabitants of the island.

The Dragons waited until night to launch their attack. This was their island, their home! Humans had driven them away from all other places, now it was the Dragon's turn to drive the humans away for good. When the Dragons attacked, the two worlds collided in the bloodiest battle in Dragon and human history. It lasted three days and nights. On the dawn of the fourth day, the rising sun lit up the beach, now littered with blood and mangled bodies of both Dragon and human. The fight stopped as both worlds realized what had happened and just how much they had lost. The Dragons and Humans met in the middle of the beach and declared a truce. The humans could have the edge of the island and could live in peace, so long as they did not bother the Dragons.

~Present Day~

"Yur batobot ui svanoa hesi race confna ekess waph tenpiswo shafaer nomeno tolgalen vur persvek martivir mrith wer munthreki." And that is how our race came to live here on this island and in peace with the humans. A beautiful Dragon with ruby red scales and gold plating spoke softly. Next to her, having her full attention, was a large cream colored egg with red flecks. She watched it wriggled a little. The queen let out a deep rumbling sound from within her chest and nudged the egg closer to her gold plated underbelly.

The sound of flapping wings and claws hitting the earth outside the cave made her look up at the entrance with her sharp emerald green eyes. A large red-scaled Dragon with a silver trims and glinting yellow eyes stood in the mouth of the cave. He walked over and looked fondly at his mate and unborn whelp. "Svanoa ui sia daariv vur unborn wanotreyxkaiv?" How is my Queen and unborn princess? The queen tilts her head at her mate.

"Wanotreyxkaiv?" Princess? The queen lets out a huff, "Vi lauth keari ago, wux jahen zyak jaunus jaci jahus vi wanotreyx." A few days ago, you were so sure he was a prince. The queen shakes her head and stares at the egg.

"Jaciv geou qe vi wanotreyxkaiv vur jaciv geou vorq filki hefoc wux Illolus," She will be a princess and she will look just like you Illolus. he leans in close to the egg as it wiggled in response, as if say 'Yes'. He pulls back and purrs deep in his throat, "Ocuir? jaciv agrees." See? She agrees.

Soon, the King leaves the queen alone to rest. Once she is sure he is gone, she takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, turning it into a long yawn. She curls her body protectively around her egg and makes sure it won't fall over. Once she settles down, she makes sure the egg is safe one last time and whispering, "Si tir ti doege svabol tikilvi says, wux re gethrisjir ekess qe sia moxt vorel wanotreyx." I don't care what anyone says, you're going to be my little prince. When sleep comes to her she lays her head down between her front legs and closes her eyes.