Raise My Hair (1)

Training had almost drained every ounce of liquid in her body. Her schedule hectic, she had to practice the lute, attend dance class and still make time for her lessons in courtesanry. Did the word exist?  She could care less.  Her body had almost given up on her but she couldn't deny the fact that she enjoyed every second of it.
   She spent her nights practicing the dance that came so fluid to her. She could always sense the emotion in every step. She had to learn 3 dance routines in two weeks. The shadow dance was her favorite and she had mastered it already. Her only problem was hiding how good she was from others. She still needed their backing incase she had to go up against Young Jin any time soon, acting haughty would be drinking her own poison.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
  Dam had been putting off the major announcement, it would only pressure the girl and she could fall "mysteriously" I'll. She knew how this things worked,  the girl needed to hone her skills and from what she had been  seeing lately. The girl was indeed a prodigy. Maybe, just maybe her talent would outshine the rumors of the devil seed. She sipped her tea. Maybe!  Yes maybe it could.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
  Young Jin was furious. She paced back and forth in her room. The little witch had been growing rapidly, she couldn't but feel like her position as the best gisaeng was threatened. The witch had to go, whatever spell she had cast on the other courtesans wouldn't work on her. Her fake goody too shoes. Only she had seen the sinister smirk behind that fake smile of hers. She needed to see Dam. Jang mi had to be excluded from the dance. At this rate she might get into the imperial gibang before her and that she couldn't stand.
    She marched down the hallways, her steps full of determination. She composed herself before announcing herself.
  "Head mistress, it is I Young Jin"
"Enter"
She bowed before taking her seat before Dam.
"I have something to tell you" She began waiting for a sign for her to continue.
"It better be about the dance"
"Yes, it is"
"What about it? "
"Only the best of the best in our troupe should perform in the palace" She said her brows arched in anticipation of the head mistress' answer. The damned lady hadn't looked up from the box of trinkets she was organizing.
    "That being said, I don't think Jang mi should accompany us" Young Jin added.
"And why is that?" Dam asked her eyes still on the box.
"She's still in training and there won't be enough time to learn and master the shadow dance" She answered boldly.
"Hmm" Dam sighed "Min Jae ah" She called out.
"Yes my lady" The servant answered.
"Send for Jang mi"
A smile made its way to Young Jin's face, she had won. Ever since the appearance of Jang mi the headmistress had been paying her less attention.
   She had lost her spot as favorite.

----

"Headmistress, it's I Jang mi"
"Come in" She said before sipping her tea. Her announcement was going to start a war and she knew it.
"You asked for me" Jang mi said subtly, taking a side glance at Young Jin whose smirk reached heavens.
"Yes, I have something to tell both of you" She began. They both looked at her.
    "Jang mi, you will be leading the dance" She dropped the bombshell.
Young Jin's face lost color and Jang mi's was in a blank stare.
    "You will be leading the troupe in the  shadow dance, be prepared"
There was still no response.
"Why is there no response?" She barked.
  "It's an honor, headmistress" Jang mi answered as she swallowed the bile that had found its way to her throat. She was in for it.
   "That's impossible, headmistress" Young Jin spat in a fit of rage.
"She's not a registered gisaeng, she hasn't been assigned as a gisaeng yet. Only our troupe members can perform" Young Jin was livid and it was obvious.
"She has been registered as a state gisaeng" Dam replied calmly.
  "Being registered does not make you a gisaeng and you know it. Her hair has not been raised" Young Jin's arrow hit home.
  Dam had completely forgotten about that. Young Jin walked out in victory.
  "What does she mean headmistress?" Jang mi asked not understanding what had just transpired.
"You can leave now?" Dam said her voice ice cold.
Jang mi left filled with worry. For some reason she felt raising her hair had a different meaning.
"Min Jae ah" Dam called.
"Yes, headmistress"
"Prepare for the hair raise ceremony"

A/N: Thank you all for reading. It means so much to me. Please don't forget to comment, like and share with your friends.