Revenge is Best Served Rotten

She woke up with a splitting headche, the stench of vomit defiling her nose with a rotten aftertaste in her mouth.

What happened?
The question that bugged her mind.
  It came crashing down, the slap, liquor and her embarrassing fail. Hangover or not Me Ryeong would not condone tardiness. She had to get refreshed, de tangling her hair would be a workout. She took long strides as she headed to the Hall of grace. Taking a deep breath before opening the doors she was shocked to not find Me Ryeong in sight. That was impossible, she was late yet Me Ryeong was absent something was wrong. Quickly she retraced her steps headed for Me Ryeong's quarters.

"Assistant head mistress, Jang mind requests an audience" A servant announced.
  "Enter"
Jang mi bowed as she walked in.
Silence.
She stood there not knowing how to begin.
"Do you have something to say? "
"Yes" Jang mi played with the pleats of her skirt.
"Go on" Her voice laced with impending doom.
"Well, classes... "
Me Ryeong interrupted her "There won't be classes henceforth" her tone daring Jang mi to question her.
  And she did.
"Why"
"You don't seem to get it, we have a system here. I don't know how people from your place behave but we have certain rules. Rules I have made sure to teach you. However, you seem hell bent on disregarding all of them. Your behavior yesterday was not only disrespectful but shameful to me as a mentor "

"I apologize, I had no idea. However, I hold no fault" Jang mi spoke hastily.
Me Ryeong let out a bitter laugh " Arrogant wench. You will not be performing in the dance, hence you will not attend dance classes. You will no longer attend etiquette classes. To think I was willing to forgive you. "
"But... "
"You should leave now I have a class to instruct"

Jang mi stood still for a while before choosing to leave.
"Jang mi ah" Jang mi turned around.
"You shouldn't say everything you think"

Downcast she made her way back to her quarters.
"Jang mi ah" Dam scolded her as they bumped into each other.
"I'm sorry" Jang mi apologized profusely.
"It's okay" Dam responded and moved on.
"Headmistress" She called out.
She glanced back.
  "If you feel wronged shouldn't you prove them wrong"
Jang mi was too stunned to speak nothing came to mind. Dam smiled and continued her walk.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"I'm doing the right thing" She repeated to herself as she cradled the jar of spoiled milk. All she needed was that split second the kitchen maid had to get the vegetables. She tiptoed to the plate of food and doused in just the right amount of milk to spoil Young Jin's day.
  She let out a sigh of relief once she was out. That porridge was about to work wonders. Practice had started and merely stealing glances wouldn't help her. Their steps were too light something she just couldn't get. The heaps of torn sheets in her room were a testament. This milk would not only delay practice but give her sweet revenge in the process.
  Oh it was going to be good.
All that was left was to get a front row seat, wait for the games to begin and watch the wench's shit hole run like her mouth. She laughed to herself.
    "Jang mi ah, people might perceive you as crazy" a voice spoke behind her. She jumped in surprise.
    "My Lord"
"And milk you out of it"
"I have no idea what you speak of" She said feigning ignorance.
He pointed at the jar of milk still in her hand.
She quickly hid it behind her, closing her eyes in shame.
  "You should have used oysters"
"Sorry"
"They are more effective, spoiled oysters"
They both burst out laughing.
"Come here" He grabbed her hand as they hid behind the platform to watch the practice.

"How graceful of your lordship" She mocked.
"And miss out on this" He made a face "Never"
"Shhh, here's the good part" She tapped him.
   Young Jin ran out the hall, her legs failing her as the other courtesans burst into discord. The stench of her fart clogging their noses.
  "You don't regret it" He asked her.
"Just a little" She emphasized with her fingers.
He stared at her.
"Ok maybe I should have added more milk"
They both laughed again.
"You know that's going to delay practice for much longer?" Tae spoke after regaining his composure.
"What do you mean? "
"Isn't that why you did this to stop it since you can't join them"

She sighed.

"You know what, I have to be somewhere criminal. So meet me at the creek behind your quarters at dawn"

"But my lord... "
"What?  No excuses. I saved your life. "
"I can't go out of wolryeongjeong.  Not like this" She pointed at herself.
"Right. You're a gisaeng, figure something out"
"But... My Lord"
He stepped closer.
"When we're alone Tae, just Tae"
"But... "
He was gone and she was buy herself wondering what had just transpired.