Chapter 2 A Prince and a Lady

Present

"So, what happened in New York?" Margo asked as the pair of us walked off towards to our home we shared.

"Nothing of concern." I replied.

"It is something of concern. You're different now. You're more isolated, more reserved. You haven't been out recently. You used to love going out. Now, you're-."

I snapped. "Something did happen to me out there, but I don't want to talk about it. Something did happen, and I-I -I-I."

"I get it. You don't want us to know, but I'm your best friend! You can tell me anything." Margo reassured me.

She was right about one thing. I could tell her anything, but she wasn't my best friend. Henry Peletier was. And he was coming to Hilltop within the next few days. Maybe then I could tell someone what happened. On second thought, maybe I should keep this a secret for a little while longer. Margo opened the door to our home (which was a floor of the Hilltop Mansion), and I walked to my room before shutting the door.

"Okay, you son of a bitch, let's get you cleaned up." I said taking off my hoodie.

The bite mark on my shoulder was relatively new, but it was only one. Hades gave me protection against the dead. Apollo made me immune. I guess that's what happens when your brother is dating a son of Apollo. I got a cloth from the closet along with the first aid kit. I wet the cloth and patted the area around the bite. I was no medic or first aid expert, but I knew the bite would scar over time.

I put a bandage around my bite (one of those big band-aids that covers the knee when you scrape it). I wrapped my shoulder in gauze and medical tape was used to keep the gauze from unraveling. I put my hoodie back on before hearing a ringing. Right on schedule, aren't you Nico Di Angelo.

"Hi, bro." I said looking into the Iris Message fountain.

"How's the shoulder, sis? You need me to send Will?" questioned Nico.

"I'll be fine, big brother. I am immune to all of this after all." I chuckled.

"I know. I know, but you have to know there is a limit to what your immunity can go." Nico reminded me.

"Yeah. Two cats. I'm down to one and a half cats now." I told him.

"Most of them heal. Some of them-."

"Nico! Have you seen where my book of Shakespeare Sonnets are?" the voice of Will Solace shouted in the background.

"Sorry, I have to go. My boyfriend needs my help finding poetry." Nico rolled his eyes.

"I know. Don't worry. I know." I assured him and his image disappeared.

I had to add that extra "I know" that wasn't necessary. I just added it, so he would think I was okay. I most definitely was not okay.

Past

It was quiet now. In the cell I was laid to rot in. Daryl had been gone. He left in the morning after breakfast. Actually, he left during breakfast. I was left alone completely and utterly helpless. Negan would want to know what I knew.

But I knew nothing.

I never knew anything. Eleven year old me was nothing. And that was the only truth there was in this world. A dying world filled with tweens unable to tell you about the world before. We were just like that. Too young to know what normal was that this world became our normal. Simon came into my cell a few hours after the announcement was heard.

Negan wanted me to tell him what I knew. And if my answers didn't satisfy him, I would be dead. As dead as anything in this world.

"Now, little darling, [Y/N], I am pretty sure you know what is going on and why exactly you are here." Negan said swinging around the bat he called Lucille.