Qualified

I'm back. Hope y'all enjoy!

____________________________
*Hazel's POV*
I walked into Chastain with Conrad, and as soon as we enter the doors Dr. Bell stops us.

"Conrad, you know she's banned from Chastain."

I rolled my eyes and mocked him in a high-pitched voice, "She's banned from Chastain."

Conrad gives me a warning look and I shoot him a glare but keep my mouth shut

"She's actually beginning her internship today," Conrad explains.

Dr. Bell scoffs, "Her? A doctor? Under who's authority? I'd be better trusting a circus monkey with my patients lives."

I get ready to go off on him but Conrad stops me before I can speak, "She's one of the brightest doctors I know she can handle this. And Mrs. Thorpe has inducted her into our internship program, as per my request."

"She won't stay for long I can guarantee you that, Conrad. I'll have a word with the board this morning."

As Dr. Bell storms off I call after him, "Always a pleasure, Randy!"

Conrad looks at me and let's out a chuckle, "Okay so you and Devon will be my interns and you know my number 1 rule—

Conrad looks at me and let's out a chuckle, "Okay so you and Devon will be my interns and you know my number 1 rule—."

"I'm never wrong. You do whatever the hell I tell you. No questions asked. I've heard that spiel before, Conrad."

"Okay then, you'll remember to follow it no problem," He tells me.

____________________________
I ended up being dragged to a high school with Conrad for career day, and it was getting annoying that he was dragging me around everywhere. The teacher, Micah, was explaining that if the students studied enough they could be a doctor like my brother who recognized his heart condition in time. Micah told them to give us a warm welcome, but seemed very uninterested in what Conrad had to say and gave a lackluster greeting.

"Okay, one more time or we're gonna do a pop quiz on the periodic table," Micah told them.

They all immediately greeted us loudly. My brother went into detail of how he decided he wanted to become a doctor. Watching a woman save a mans life while he was driving with dad was the defining moment that prompted him to become a doctor. He then was asked by a girl.