Prologue : Entering the World of Sweets

"Milady, we have arrived."

I walked out of the limo to the Chateau Confectionary Party. There were many adults in tuxedos and gorgeous gowns. The palace itself was too amazing for words. The wine coloured curtains, cream-like wall colours and the chandelier hanging from the middle.

I was invited to take my father's place as a friend of the President Chateau. Unfortunately he had a meeting he could not miss and I had nothing to do tonight.

As expected from the Chateau, they never miss a single detail when it comes to parties. Altogether the hall looked elegant and gorgeous.

"Do you need me to escort you, Milady?"

I shook my head. I didn't want to be babysat tonight. "I'll be alright by myself." I said as I walked away from my butler.

I felt really stiff. Maybe because the dress I got was new. It was a long strapless white dress that had ruffles on the bottom half. There was a black ribbon around her waist outlining my shape. There were also sequents on the top. I had my red hair down wavey.

"Urgh. why did I have to go?" I stomped holding my long dress so that I wouldn't trip.

All of a sudden a girl in a uniform bumped into me.

"Sorry!!" She apologized.

She wore her brown hair two short curly pink tails and had big brown eyes.

"It's alright." I said. "In a hurry?"

"Yeah. I'm a part of the main event today."

"I see, good luck."

"Mhm"

She smiled and nodded as she happily skipped away. But she stopped in her tracks and turned in my direction.

"Feel better, kay? A frown doesn't suit you" She said.

Then she turned back and walked away.

Was I frowning? It sort of seemed normal.

I walked toward a mirror to see that I was frowning. Although it felt like my normal netural face. Have I always looked like this? I really thought I was smiling.

The lights turned off and a spotlight was lit to the host.

"So, time for tonight's main event. It's time to start the Valentine's chocolate challenge."

Everyone clapped.

"Well then, Chateau Confectionary's President Koshiro's eldest daughter, Miya-sama, is entering. Please give her your applause!"

Everyone clapped again.

She looked really pretty today. Her shades of pink on her dress, the choker, her hair and headband. The roses on her dress and head band were nicely crafted.

"Next, her challenger : Amano Ichigo-san, please come this way."

Everyone clapped again.

It was that girl that I bumped into earlier. So this is what she meant by being a part of the main event.

"Well then, please try Miya-sama's Valentine's chocolate."

Pastry chefs filed in one by one delivering fruits on their carts.

"Some kind of huge tower is approaching. What could it be...?"

Everyone stared in awe of what was to come. It was a golden tower with angels on the sides. It almost looked like...

"The is my creation, Chocolate Fondue." Miya announced as she snapped her fingers.

The chocolate beautifully started to fall down the tower like a chocolate fountain.

"A-Amazing! A waterfall of 200 kilos of high quality Couverture chocolate is pouring out without a second thought!"

The crowd started to clap and cheer from it's amazing entrance. "Not bad." I mumbled to myself.

The President walked in front of the fountain saying "By the way my daughter woke up to 6 to bake these petit puffs, pretzels and other bites. Everyone, please eat until your heart's content." He announced.

As everyone got up to try Miya's chocolate, I also went up to see how good this chocolate was. I took a fork and poke it through a strawberry. Then put it in the chocolate fountain and tried it.

It was delicious. The fruits and bites definitely matched the chocolate. Plus she did use high quality chocolate, but something was missing to the chocolate.

I glanced over at Miya talking to three boys. She started to hit the blonde one and I kinda felt bad but giggled at the same time. Maybe she liked him. I knew that Miya always acted sort of strange around boys that she liked.

I stepped away from the crowd to see that another spotlight had been lit with a a crowd starting to form around. Maybe it was Ichigo's chocolate. I walked over and moved into the crowd to see the chocolate.

"It seem as though the challenger, Ichigo-san's chocolate is being presented." The host said.

"Go ahead. Please try these out." She said.

There were three different chocolate's. One that looked like a present, one that was shaped like a heart and one that had a flower on it.

I started to try them out. I took the one that had a flower on it and tried it.

It was amazing. It kind of reminded me of the japanese sweets that I tried. It's not too sweet, and the black sugar stands out. It kind of felt like a warm sense of harmony.

The next one was really good too. It was rose tea flavoured with chocolate. It matched great with the rose scent that was added. It was kind of like a sense of support and kindness.

The last one was the one that really got to me. There was black pepper in the chocolate, but it tasted amazing. It kind of felt bittersweet almost like a first love.

I giggled to myself. Maybe I think too much.

"Whaa! You are smiling!"

The girl said amazed.

I giggled even more. "This chocolate is amazing. You made this yourself?" I asked.

"Yup! I'm Amano Ichigo."

"Saga Ayano." I replied.