Chapter 2 : St. Mariee

Ichigo's POV

I changed into our uniforms for today's lesson. It's been a week since I met Ayano but I never got contact with her after the main event. But I still had a great time.

"Before we start today's lesson we have a new transfer student I would like to introduce." Amamiya-sensei announced. "Come in."

A girl with straight black hair walked in with a orangey-brown jacket with red embroidery and buttons, school skirt. Underneath her jacket she wears a beige shirt and a small red ribbon, her socks are white and knee length and she wears orange shoes. It was our school uniform. And not only that...

"A-A-Ayano-chan!?!" I exclaimed.

Now that I had taken a better look at her she had long straight black hair with brown eyes.

She smiled at me and waved. "Saga Ayano. Nice to meet you."

**

After class we had break, we decided to walk around the academy introducing the place. "And this is that Salon De Mariee." I said pointing at the sign.

"Wow. Is this the famous Salon De Mariee? As expected." She said inspecting the sweets.

"Oi." Kashino nudged me. "What?"

"How do you know Saga Ayano?!" He whispered.

"How? Even if you ask me that.. I met her at the Valentine's Day party."

"You did?!" Andou-kun exclaimed.

"Well I guess that is reasonable." Hanabusa-kun added.

"What's the big deal?" I asked them,

"The big deal?! The big deal is"

"My dad is a well-known famous patisserie." Ayano explained. "He lived in France and studied sweets since he was 10 years old. Now he owns a business industry making it the family business. My mother specialized in fruit sweets and my older sister specialized in cakes."

"Saga. Saga... AHH!" I exclaimed. "Saga Usui is your father?!"

"You just noticed now? Baka." Kashino commented.

"You don't have to be so mean about it, you devil Kashino!" I exclaimed.

Ayano started to giggle along with Andou-kun and Hanabusa-kun. "You guys get along great." She teased.

"Me?! Get along with the devil?!"

"Me?! Get along with the pig eating champion?!"

"You have got to be kidding me!" We both said.

**

We later went back to our dorm rooms. Turns out Ayano is in the same dorm as us! Yay!

"I can't believe were in the same dorm!" I exclaimed helping Ayano with her luggage.

She giggled. "Thanks for helping me."

"Ichigo, is that.." Rumi-san gasped.

"Saga Ayano-san. Nice to meet you" she explained formally.

"Kato Rumi. Oh my goodness, I can't believe I actually met you! Can I have a picture? Your autograph?" Her eyes glisten in excitement.

"S-Sure." She agrees.

**

After a packing I checked out the window to see that it was pitch black. "Well let's call it a day." I yawned.

She hesitated but nodded too. "Actually I think I would want to practice." She finally said.

"Practice now?" I exclaimed.

"You don't have to come, I just want to check it out." She says.

"Well that's alright, but I feel bad.." I say

"It's alright. I just wanna do some exploring for myself." She smiles heading out. "Good night." She says before closing the door.

"Good night."

**

Ayano's POV

I walked down to the practice kitchens to see how they were like. It was really chilly and I shivered on the way there, maybe going at night wasn't the best idea.

I walked in to see Kashino and Masaomi tempering. I knocked on the door before heading in. "May I come in?" I asked.

"Go ahead." Kashino said concentrating on his work.

"It's not like we own the place." Masaomi commented.

I walked in and inspected their work, it was too chilly for me to practice but they were really working hard which motivated me to cook.

I looked into my journal to find the macarons that I wanted to try to test the ovens temperature. First I put the egg whites at room temp and whipped them until soft peaks. Then added the sugar and drops of lemon juice. While that was blending I sifted the almond flour and confectioners sugar into another bowl. After the merengue turned into stiff peaks I folded it into the almond flour and sugar mixture. Carefully folding to the right consistency. Afterwards I put the batter into a plastic bag and piped it onto parchment paper. Then let it sit out for 30 mins.

During that time I realized that Kashino and Masaomi were watching me. I rose my eyebrow. "Do you guys need something?" I asked.

"Nah. We're just looking. As expected though" Masaomi commented.

"Those look pretty good." Kashino complemented

"Thank you." I thanked them. But I kind of wanted to try something more. Something new.

"I like you."

"Huh?"