Chapter 8 : Bitter Dark Chocolate

"Finished." Hanabusa said as he put the finishing touches on the cake.

"Yeah. It turned out great." Andou approves.

I sat on the stool admiring the cake as they went to get changed. I wonder when Kashino will come back. They might announce the theme for the third place match soon.

"Ayano-chan? Do you want a piece?" Ichigo asked as she walked into the classroom.

"Sure. why not?" I smiled.

As she went to cut the cake, Hanabusa and Andou walked in, in their regular clothes.

"Can I try?" Melon pops out. "Me too!" Velvet asks eagerly

"We can share the piece." I tell them both. "Okay!" They cheer.

The door suddenly opens as we were all going to eat. We all turn in the direction of the sound to see Kashino standing there. Ichigo immediately puts down her plate on the counter.

"Kashino... Welcome back! Kashino!" She jumps for joy as he gives her a thumbs up and half smile.

It really is nice to see the team back together again.

**

Ichigo's POV

"This weekend, do you want to head to the pastry shop downtown? I hear there are some really good sweets there." Ayano suggests as we move to our next class.

I grin.

"I shouldn't have asked." She giggles. "You could also research about what's trending in sweets lately."

"Very true!" I say.

"No you're not." A voice from behind speaks

We turn around to see Kashino, Hanabusa and Andou.

"Why not?!" I exclaim.

He probably had a reason like focusing on the Grand Prix, or refining my technique more, but I still want to eat sweets!!

"You should be practicing making sweets. The third place match is coming up soon." Kashino responds without a second thought.

"Well it is possible that we could have a day to research sweets. To get ideas for the match." Andou points out.

"It is a good idea." Hanabusa agrees.

"But will she really think about ideas for sweets?" Chocolat says.

"WHOA! I can think of sweets!" I argue.

"STOP Being so mean Chocolat!" Vanila shouts at Chocolat

"I'm only stating the truth, am I not?!" Chocolat says.

"You're so mean!" I say.

"Please don't fight!" Caramel cries. 

Ayano claps her hands. "How about a compromise? Ichigo-chan can eat sweets if she works on a particular aspect you guys think she should improve on." 

I nod my head quickly without a  second thought. 

Yay! Sweets! Sweets! 

The guys look at each other before coming down to a conclusion. Kashino finally speaks up "That's fine, but that means I get to decide what kind of work you get to do." He grins.

AHHHHHH What a devil!! I'm definitely going to work t'll I drop if its Kashino. But... I won't loose! I'll do it for sweets! 

**