26.07.19

0609 hours

Two other girls and I ran across the lacquered wood floor; we were almost running on our tiptoes.

The three of us were trying to solve a puzzle. We had to find the numbers that were hidden around the manor that we lived in. In all, there were three sets of numbers.

We smiled at each other, giggling softly as we solved the puzzles, realising that the puzzles weren't as difficult as we thought that it would be.

We all met up in the large cone-shaped attic where a blonde woman was waiting for us. The woman smiled and nodded at us but didn't do anything beyond that.

So we smiled and nodded back. One of the two older girls (I figured that I was probably the youngest out of the three of us), who I'll call Ar, nestled herself into a plush turquoise armchair. The other girl and I followed suit and perched ourselves up on the arms of the chair.

Ar pulled up a metal suitcase (that looked similar to the one that Hydra kept the Tesseract in) onto her lap. She flipped open the case to reveal that it was actually a thick laptop. Quickly, Ar typed in a few numbers, coordinates to be exact. I only remember that the series of numbers started with a '6'.

A few lines of green encryption codes were displayed across the screen before the screen changed to that of a surveillance camera. A drone surveillance camera.

"Hey," I pointed out, "that's Wayne Manor."

The surveillance screen was displaying an image of the manor that we were living in.

Ar directed the drone to move closer and closer to the manor until we could see ourselves onscreen, through the triangular crystal windows.

The blonde woman from before giggled when she saw the drone outside the window before she turned and walked over to us.

* * * * *

The woman was dressed in a dark-coloured gown.

"I've been thinking," the woman carefully told her roommate, "I've looked into her history and, well, she looks a lot like you, doesn't she?"

The detective was trying to shrug on her coat when she stiffened at the question. "Is that so?" she replied neutrally, "What a coincidence."

But the detective knew why she and the girl looked alike. After all, why wouldn't a daughter look like her mother?

 After all, why wouldn't a daughter look like her mother?

[ ^^ the detective / the mother ^^ ]

[ ^^ the daughter ^^ ]

— — — — —

A/N: To be clear, when I said Wayne Manor, I'm not sure whether or not if I was actually referring to Bruce Wayne's manor.

Just another quick rundown of dreams that I don't remember enough of to write a whole chapter on:

1. A few days after 24.04.19, I had a dream about the Avengers. Specifically, the dream was aboutTony Stark.

2. [20.05.19] I dreamt that I was in a kidnapping ring that was led by my parents, with my sister as their right-hand woman. We were trying to get info on this little boy that was supposed to be our next victim, but all that we got was the date of his birthday: 14 May 2014.

3. [26.05.19] I actually remembered quite a bit of this dream but it's embarrassing so you won't read it anyway. All I will say about is that it was a beyond shitty school day for me but Ragnarok's Thor came through and saved the day for me.

4. [31.05.19 - 1018 hours] I had, miraculously, survived severe blood loss from a pierced lung. An injury that had caused the death of another patient not too long ago. I had been on my way to tuition before I got the life-threatening injury. Apparently, my tutor was not too concerned because she had reasoned that I was practically an adult, so my immunity system should be better than that of a kid's. My dad asked how much higher was my percentage of survival using my immunity system compared to the percentage that a kid would have.

5. [31.05.19 - 1641 hours] I was part of a group of people that were going on a cruise down a long blue-green river. There was thick green jungle on both sides of the river. I was sitting at the very back of the small cruise ship with my brother. Suddenly, the ship started to move at turbo speed and I, very unfortunately, got thrown off the ship although my brother had managed to grab onto the ship's railing. Thankfully, the crew stopped the ship and I managed to get back onto the ship. But as the cruise started up again, this girl with wild Tarzan-like hair jumped off of the ship and started swimming towards the closest strip of land. When the ship circled around again to anchor nearby the strip of land so that we could find the wild girl, all of us passengers could see a village of native people peacefully carrying along with their day.