12.01.20

A/N: First chapter of the new decade! Hope you all had a good new year! 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉

— — — — —

1130 hours

The waters of the raging sea were as dark as the sky above it.

Certain circumstances had led two people to find themselves on the rough sea; their hands clinging on to the logs of their makeshift raft to avoid being tipped over into the depths of the dark ocean. Both the man and woman in question had short dark hair; the woman had olive skin and was wearing a purple tank top.

"Did you eat the berries?" the man asked over the noise of the angry waves that threatened to drown them.

"No," the woman replied, "I didn't."

"I didn't either!"

* * * * *

"I'm sorry that we had to leave him behind," said a sympathetic voice. "But it's for the best."

* * * * *

The scene closed in on the face of a man. He had dark hair and brown skin. His palms were pressed to his head; his teeth gritted; his pupils like mere dots in his wide eyes. In short: he had the face of a man full of fear.

"Sir?" The medic shone a light on the man's face. "Sir, are you alright? Can you hear us?"

The man could. But he was too afraid to respond.

His friends had left him behind.

'How could they?' is what he wanted to ask.

# # # # #

[Not-So-Many Years Ago]

[Night 1]

The sun was already setting, slowly turning day into night.

But, although the sun was still up in the sky, the streets were dark as if night had already fallen. It didn't help that most of the lamp posts were gone, broken apart. What few lamp posts were left were not enough to light up the streets effectively.

A lanky boy walked through the streets, his head stuck in a daze. The boy had messy black hair, tanned skin, and was wearing a dark shirt. [A/N: I'll call him Hiro (after Hiro Hamada) because the boy's face reminded me of Hiro].

The buildings around Hiro looked pink in the light of the sunset. Most, if not all, of the buildings had been smashed into; gaping holes were left in the walls, exposing the inside of the building to the outside.

Although in a dazed state of mind, Hiro managed to trudge all the way to his friend's house. She was a nice girl with fair hair (I think). At least, I remember that the girl's mum had fair hair.

Mum hurriedly ushered Hiro into the house, telling him to lock the gate once he came in which he did so. Once they passed through the hallway and officially entered the actual house, Mum locked the second gate.

Though it went unspoken, it seemed as if Hiro had been invited to stay with his friend and her parents; what, with it being too dangerous to stay outside for too long anymore, especially in the darkness. Well, since Hiro had no more family, he had no qualms of staying with his friend's family. It was better than being alone anyways.