Chapter 4.

Before we know it, we're all squeezing out the door again. The hallways are cramped with juniors rushing out the building, as if there was a fire chasing after them.

Logan and I walk hand in hand together to his car as the afternoon sun glistens against his dirty blonde hair, and reflects from his emerald, green eyes.

We get into his car, and he tells me how last week he saw our Geography teacher bending over with his English teacher on the table he sat on in Geography today. I apologise to him for telling him to sit at the front with me, but I can't help myself to faintly giggle as he gives me a teasing smirk.

We arrive at the mall to get our outfits for prom next week. Logan reaches for my hand and twines it with mine as we walk into Dotti.

"What colour dress should I wear, navy or white?" Asking Logan as he messes around with the sunglasses rack as he tries on every single one of them. I lightly laugh at his cockiness.

"Anything looks good on you babe," He says, looking at himself, obviously distracted by his collection of sunglasses.

I finally decide on getting a navy dress that stops just above my knees, with turquoise tear drop gems scattered across the beige half part that covers my chest. Simple but most definitely elegant.

We walk into Fred Perry and the first shirt Logan sees, he grabs it quickly and doesn't bother on trying it. He exits the shop with a dark blue button up shirt with white striped tie to go along with it.
I don't dare to comment on how odd his outfit is, but as long as he's happy with it, even though he couldn't careless on trying it, I'm alright with his decisions.

Not long after we get into his car, Logan repetitively calls me by the labels I hate as he places his hand against my thigh. I cringe and look out the window away from him every time he says it.
But whenever it happens, I brush it off. I get use to it after nearly being with him for two years.

"I can't wait for prom. We've waited for this moment for so long and I can't be more than happy to bring you as my date," he beams.

"I can't agree more," I smile as I lean over the cup holders between the middle compartment of the car and kiss him on the cheek. He smiles in return with his shiny, green eyes looking at me and focusing back on the road.

Logan has sweetly booked us a hotel room at the Pullman hotel on the night of prom. So that we don't have to drive far to get back home. It excites me even more by thinking of it.

I kiss him goodbye as I get out of his Honda. His white car is drifting away before I even reach the door of my house. The autumn air swirls as the leaves falls towards the ground around me. The sun is setting down. Shadowing the many houses of our neighbourhoods and maple trees.

I get in, and as per usual, I look around for dad. He isn't in his office, nor do I hear his melodic voice that always calms me as a little girl. The atmosphere of our big house is quiet and timid.
He's somewhere in the world doing his job. I huff in sadness as his presence is never around anymore, but I bring to conclusions that he's working away from home for our family.

I walk into the kitchen to find mum cooking my favourite dish, Lasagna. Just from the smell of it, I can taste it lingering on my tongue.

"Hi honey! How was school?" Mum says with a high pitch voice that comes out too fake as she takes out the Lasagna out of the oven.

"Yeah it was fine. Intimidating, but relieved at the same time." I tiredly reply with a smile as I get my plate of goodness to the table.

"Where's Lincoln at?" I wonder.

"Out with Sammy," mum simply answers as she takes another bite of her food.

No wonder it's quieter than other days. Who knows what Lincoln is up to with Sammy. I feel sorry for Sammy. She's such a loving person. Lost Lincoln doesn't deserve her. He's better off with Monstrous Millie.

I let out a grin, and luckily he's not around to hear my thoughts. A little giggle escapes from my mouth from my stupid thoughts. Mum is probably thinking I'm mental. So I take the last bite of my food to muffle my giggle.

I glance up to see mum too busy studying her food. Dark circles are prominent under her eyes, and I can tell by her face she's also upset at the lack of presence of dad.

We finish up dinner in silence. Only our forks clanking our plates are heard.

After we pack up dinner, I show mum the dress I got for prom and she expresses on how her little girl is growing up too fast.

Even though she's acting, she's trying to be happy around me. But I'm no person to fool. I heart-brokenly smile at how sad and tired she looks. She's staying strong at the fact that her husband is hardly home.

Today is an overwhelming day for most people. I soon feel sleepy. I tiredly get ready for bed.

I check my phone before heading to bed, and no messages have been left in my inbox from Logan. My heart sinks and I lay my phone back on my bedside table.