Chapter 6.

I let my hair fall down pass my shoulders for it to naturally dry, as I manage to apply my make up on carefully.

It's more make up than I usually would allow myself to wear. I swipe on a champagne colour eye shadow across my eyelid as I apply another layer of dark brown on top of it.

My eyes seem darker than how I want it to be from the smoky eye shadow look. I rearrange my eye make up for another five minutes until it looks almost presentable. I put a few coats of mascara on and it makes my make up incredibly better.

I unwrap the towel around me, and the cool air quickly breaches to me. I slip on my dress before I grab the curling wand. I run my fingers through my hair to loosen up my curls. Not wanting it to be apparent that I put in about an hour in time to get these curls.

I decide to apply on a bit of gloss before I put on my creme high heels.

Before heading downstairs, I quickly look at myself in the mirror. I feel proud to have come all this way. I smile at my reflection, thinking back to the bad and the good times I've had in high school.

As I walk down the stairs, to my complete surprise mum and Lincoln are standing by the door for my entrance. I nervously smile as I see mum's eyes getting glossier at each step I take.

Lincoln hands me a little box with a proud, but shy smile. I take it in my hands before he speaks. I seem to not stop smiling today. I feel nervous as hell, but excitement takes over my nerves.

"Mum and I chose this as your graduation gift," he calmly announces, slouching against the wall behind him.

Remembering our little fight we had over dinner.

I look up at mum and say, "Thank you mum," as I wrap my arms tight around Lincoln. He kisses my forehead, and I've always dreamt of sibling love like this. My insides dance in joy.

I open the little box that contains a little jewellery. A necklace with my name in cursive plated in sterling silver is placed on top of fluffy, light blue tissue paper.

"It's so pretty," I speak as I admire the necklace.

It's so sleek and simple. I instruct mum to clasp it around my neck. She does it with ease with tears brimming her eyes, smiling.

Perfect family events.

As we take a few photos in our living room for the albums, the door bell shrieks.

"I'll go get that," Lincoln exclaims over mum's and I's giggly conversation. Looking back at the photos when Lincoln and I were in primary school.

That crimson and white uniform we wore in primary school is hideous! I cringe at the memories I had in that dress.

I hear the front door opening and Lincoln's voice comes through with a very familiar voice accompanying his as they approach the living room.

His astonished face makes an appearance and makes my cheeks burn as I blush and shyly pull off a small smile. Tucking my fringe behind my ear.

I stand up to greet him and before I could slip a word out of my mouth he gushes, "You are looking incredibly beautiful babe!" Logan says with his jaw practically dangling to the floor.

"You're not looking bad yourself," I kiss him as his arms twine around my waist.

This sweet moment in my life that I've always dreamt of since Year five is finally here. It's a pity that dad isn't here.

He will not ruin my night. I repeat the line again and again in my head. Hoping that dad doesn't pop up in my head again throughout the night.

"Are we ready to go?" Logan happily beams.

"Yeah." I smile as I pick my bag up for the one night stay at the hotel.

"Enjoy the party!" Mum exclaims as she holds the front door open.

Lincoln and mum waves us off as they drift further and further as the car turns the curb.

Logan's car is filled with warmth, and I'm glad we're inside. Despite how chilly it is outside, my body is filling up with adrenaline.

The drive seems longer than I had expected. Hall of Fame plays quietly in the background. The tall buildings are towering above the car, shadowing against the car window. I stare out into the tall business like buildings.

The window lights reflecting into my pupils. I feel my lips going slightly apart.

Thinking about the future repetitively. Where am I going to be after a couple of months? Am I going to be in Sydney opening my first clothing line or am I going to be in Italy, tasting out the many dishes of pasta?

My mind pounders and my ideal future rolls in circles in my head.

"I can't wait for the Lake trip," Logan interrupts my thoughts.

"Neither can I. We'll make the best of it," I smile.

This could be the last trip as a group.

My feelings are bouncing off the walls. Where is my mind at? I can't see straight. Let alone think straight. I feel like I'm lying to myself. I really shouldn't be thinking about the future. I should be more focusing on this night. These final months, before really going into the real world.