Two.

Declan White smoke fogged the empty club

Declan
White smoke fogged the empty club. Dark liquor filled the glasses in front of my brother and I. Marco had bad news and I had frustration. This wasn't the first time Marco messed up and it definitely wouldn't be the last. But I was growing tired of his ways, his irresponsibility.

"Your new girl, Javier says she's nice." He cleared his throat and I clenched my jaw. I'm sure she was another Barbie doll, Marco always like those. They never lasted at my club. Classless and easy never went well amongst the men that attended.

"We'll see. I don't want you bringing trash in here again." I grunted. "Now what did you need to tell me, brother?"

He took the last chug of his glass and sighed, sliding it's emptiness away from his body. "The housing arrangement." Raising an eyebrow, I urged him to go on. "The apartments are at capacity, even with the girls rooming together. With both clubs, there's no room for a new girl."

"So send someone out."

"All of those girls have clients. We lose them, we lose money. We can't just send them out." He ran a hand through his hair, before leaning forward onto the table. "There's an empty loft in your building. It's not cheap but from what I hear, this girl is something special. Javier says he's never seen anyone like her."

"What am I supposed to do about this, Marco? Buy a fucking loft for a girl I've never even seen before? What if she's not worth it?" I shook my head, pouring another glass of whiskey for the both of us.

"What if she is?" He gambled.

I sighed, standing up from the table, my hand reaching into my empty pocket. "If she's not," I looked at him, my eyebrows raised. "It's your fucking ass."

"I know, Declan." He stood up from the table and stood behind me. He cleared his throat and spoke with his head down.  "Listen, I'm going to Minnesota next month, to visit Dad, if you-"

"I'm not going." I said, definitively. "You enjoy your time." I shook my head, walking over to the bar to grab another bottle.

"Declan, you have to see him. He's dying-"

"Good." I grunted. "I would have killed him myself."

"He's our father." Marco yelled and I slammed the bottle of Jack Daniels on the counter, trying not to let my temper go.

"He can fucking rot. How can you face him, how can you claim him?"

"He made a mistake!"

"That's what you call a mistake?" I scoffed, running my hands through my hair. "I'm not dealing with this, Marco. I'm not going to see him. He write all he wants but I will never forgive him."

"Ok," he sighed, throwing his arms up. "I won't bring it up again."

"Good." I said, biting my cheeks before I spoke again. "When's this new girl coming?"

"Tonight." He clapped his hands. "It should be good."

"No, it better be." I warned.

The last thing I need, is a girl coming in with nothing to offer my business.