Three.

The bar smelled like

The bar smelled like... a bar. Which also smelled like home. I had grown used to it in the five years I spent in and out of clubs. It made me feel comfortable. I was felt like there was a different part of me that came out when I walked into a club. I had on a red lace body suit and blue jeans, something I wouldn't wear outside of a club. But, if I was meeting my new boss, I knew I needed to show him that I was confident.

I didn't wear my tallest heels, instead they were tasteful. Gabe had warned me that this club wasn't like the others I had worked in. It was cleaner, more prestige. If he wanted classy, I'd give him classy. My hair was done the way I like, curled and smooth. My makeup was simple, because I could never stand the feeling of sweat on top of a mask of makeup. Red lips and sultry eyes.

Javier helped me out of my leather jacket and sat me at an empty table. He told me that the owner would find me later and suggested I watch the other girls. I could tell already by the clientele that it was different. The girls touched more and received more. The men had no problem using their hands and flaunting large bills. They danced differently, it was sultry not sexy. Like Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I was almost intimidated because I had never seen women look so confident. They wanted to be there and probably didn't need to be.

"Has anyone offered you a drink?" A girl spoke kindly behind me, taking me away from the girls on the floor. I looked towards her, stunned by her ocean blue eyes and dark hair. Her pink lips grinned and I shook my head.

"No, I just got here." I said softly and she nodded, holding her black tray against her body. She was dressed in a short, fitted black dress with her hair in a slick parted ponytail. She looked elegant yet so seductive. "What's it like working here?" I asked her, wondering if there was anything she would tell me about the ends and outs.

"It's great. We get housing, which is really helpful. We make good tips, the dancers get the most obviously but the customers are really nice." She shrugged and I smiled. "Are you new to Vegas?"

"Yea, I got recruited a week ago. I'm supposed to meet the owner today." I said, brushing my hair behind my shoulder.

"Oh, Declan?" She asked and I nodded, recognizing the name from what Gabe and Georgia told me. "He's usually here by now so if I see him, I'll direct him over to you. What's your name?"

"Rose."

"Rose, cute. I'm Lilly. There's a dancer named Daisy too." She laughed and I grinned. "Can I get you a drink while you wait?"

"I'll just have a vodka soda." I sighed, rubbing my hands on my jeans.

"You got it. On the house." She nodded happily. "It's so nice to meet you." She looked up like she ready to walk away but she looked up and grinned wide. "Hi, Declan. This is Rose. I was just about to find you."

"I got it, Lilly." A deep laugh filled my ears and my eyes moved to the source. "Can you get me a Jack and coke? I'd like to talk with Ms. Daley." Lilly chirped her reply and I licked my lips, holding back from gazing too hard at the man speaking. He was tall, dressed in a dark blue suit that fit him perfectly. His eyes were a glowing hazel, just like his skin. He was beautiful. He walked towards me, his gaze meeting mine when he leaned his arms against the tall table. "You must be the new girl." He spoke, his voice raspy.

"I sure hope so." I laughed, awkwardly. I offered my hand and he took it, shaking it firmly. "I'm Rose."

"Declan Morrison." He cleared his throat and unbuttoned his coat jacket as he took the seat next to me. Lilly came and set our drinks down. She squeezed my forearm, softly and reassuringly. I smiled at her and she nodded to Declan. "So, you met Lilly?" He chuckled, shaking his head at the beautiful woman as she walked away. "She's a character."

"She's really nice." I smiled. "This place is amazing. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone looks so happy. I've never seen it like this before."

"I try to keep things nice. Lilly is my sister though so she's probably only going to say good things. I pay her a lot." He smirked and that's when I realized why she seemed so giddy about me being here to see him. "She's really nice, though. She'll show you around if you need it." He looked around us and then back at me. He eyes seemed to scan quickly a few times before I bit my lip and leaned back in my chair. What came with working here? What kind of deal with the devil did you have to make? "So, tell me about yourself."

"That is the most intimidating question." I rolled my eyes and he scoffed, taking a drink of his whiskey. "I was born in California. I grew up in the Bay Area, my dad was a construction worker. My mom was a hooker so I never really knew her. I left home when I was 15, waited tables until I was 17, then I started dancing in San Diego. I ended up in LA a few years ago and now I'm here."

"Why'd you leave home?" He asked, his eyebrows lifting in speculation. I bit the inside of my cheek and leaned forward to be closer to him, my chin in my hand.

"Because, I wanted to." I said, nonchalantly.

"You're not what I expected." He looked at me intensely. His eyes were so warm but so cold at the same time. Like he had a layer of stone around him. He was kind, but the way he spoke so matter-of-factly was contrasting to what his words were saying. "My brother has a history of choosing girls not fit for my club."

"Yea? And I fit, how?" I smirked, watching his eyes darken as he looked at me.

"The men will like you. You look young and innocent."

"I am young and innocent." I scoffed. He looked at me with a mocked shock face and I laughed.

"You're 22 and practically a vet on stage, love. You're not as innocent as you look." He shook his head, laughing softly before he met my eyes again and stopped. "We have to discuss some things privately." He cleared his throat. His demeanor changed so quickly. "Follow me upstairs."