In Her Shoes

Title: In Her ShoesAuthor: surreal-syllxblesGenre: Teen Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Humor and RomanceRead: 42 chapters

Title: In Her Shoes
Author: surreal-syllxbles
Genre: Teen Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Humor and Romance
Read: 42 chapters

I really liked your story title. It is original and uncommon, grabbing attention, but I don't see any relation between it and the plot.

About your story idea... I can't say your story idea is original. I think you know it too. There are many stories with the same idea, after all it's the typical Teen Fiction story...

But even with a common idea, you were able to create a fantastic story with an interesting plot and very good characters - your main character is incredible.

Better than it, you created a fantastic story with an interesting plot and very good character without grammar errors (or at least I didn't find any) - what is good because grammar errors usually makes the story difficult to read - and a good vocabulary which improves your story.

I also loved your style. It's funny - I laugh many times while reading your story - and easy to read, making it a really good choice. To make it even better (and even easier to read), your story keeps a good pace during almost the entire book - there is just one time I think the pace is not good and I will talk about it soon.

It is also easy to follow Cinder's thoughts and understand what she is thinking and why she does what she does. In other words, I think you write well in the first person - despite a little thing that I will also talk soon.

As I already said, I really liked your main character. Thanks to you, of course. You and the amazing work you did developing her. And you also did a good work developing the other characters. You allow us to connect with them, to determinate if we like them or not. Long story short, your work developing your characters was fantastic.

Unfortunately, there are also things I didn't like really much or think that are strange...

>> The beginning. It is okay. Which means that it could be better. It isn't really interesting what makes it more difficult to grab attention. But it still makes you curious about what they are talking about so a person will probably continue to find out.

>> Don't use expressions as my blue eyes meet his brown ones (chapter 15) because no one thinks this way. When you think about this type of things, the thought would be something like my eyes meet his brown ones or a complete omission of colour like my eyes meet his ones.

>> The sentence I'm asleep when he finally does answer (chapter 25) does not make sense. If someone is asleep it's impossible to know if the other person answered the question. It would be better if you'd wrote I fall asleep before he answers or something like it.

>> It seems strange that Cinder had accepted Carter back as her friend (and a little later as her boyfriend) after everything he did without nothing more than a it was a dare. I mean it's possible but supposedly it shouldn't be that easy. At least not if he hurt her as much as it seems by her thoughts after it.

>> I didn't like how you started the chapter 36. Not because of the start itself - I even think it could be considered a good start - but because the end of the chapter 35 which is something that asks for a continuation in the the next chapter - or in the same chapter, depending on your taste - and not a completely change of subject.

------------------------------
Conclusion
------------------------------

I really liked your story. It's funny and interesting even when you chose an idea so overused. Your characters are really good as well as your vocabulary and style.

I'm looking forward to see how your story continues!